ebay: Pz.Abt.(F)100

The Axis WWII discussion group is hosted by Tom Cockle and is dedicated to Axis armour of the Second World War.

ebay: Pz.Abt.(F)100

April 5th, 2012, 5:57 pm #1

Currently there are a lot of pics of this unit on ebay:
http://www.ebay.de/sch/3...2...1...dank ... 13&_pgn=22
I would love to know where the following pics were taken and I wonder if anyone can decipher the texts that have been added:
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Thanks in advance.

Arjan

April 5th, 2012, 7:20 pm #2

Hello Arjan,

here are the answerd:

1.Photo: Mein jetziger Wagen ist der erste 2703 / My current vehicle is the first (on the photo) 2703. The photos are developed in Posten, Wartheland. On the another photo the town of Goslin is named, which was Poland from the ende of WW I to the Polish campaign September 1939.
2. Photo: Mein erster Wagen mit dem X / My first vehicle with the X (marked on the photo)
3. Photo: Goslin 1941
4. Photo: no text
5. Photo: Waffenreinigen in Goslin / Weapon cleaning in Goslin

Best regards
Heiner F. Duske
Nuts & Bolts Team

April 5th, 2012, 7:53 pm #3

I would love to know where the following pics were taken and I wonder if anyone can decipher the texts that have been added:
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Thanks in advance.

Arjan
... I think:

Eric
Last edited by Eric Reist on April 5th, 2012, 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 5th, 2012, 8:30 pm #4

Thanks a lot gents, I really appreciate this.

Regards,

Arjan

April 5th, 2012, 9:52 pm #5

Hi Arjan,
good to hear from you again via missing-lynx... I was just thinking to transcribe the words on the back of the pics, only when I saw that Heiner had already done it before (thank you, Heiner!).
There was another ebay-offer with pics from Pz.Abt.(F)100 in Russia last week or so and for a moment I thought, I'd post that here, but the pics were too bad unfortunately - and no pic of those Beute-Cruiser-Tanks 744(e)...

By the way: Is there any Divisionsgeschichte of the 18th Panzerdivision around? I know that the fightings in Russia from the very first day were fierce and much harder than anything the German Wehrmacht had experienced before, but I still can't believe that Pz.Abt.(F)100 should have lost all of their Cruisers during the first few weeks of the Barbarossa campaign. Or are there any original sources for that on the web, I missed so far?

Richard

April 6th, 2012, 9:04 am #6

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Thanks in advance.

Arjan
Is it that the Beute-Cruisers received their Panzer II tracks in Poland, preparing for "Barbarossa"?

April 6th, 2012, 12:07 pm #7

Hi Richard,
I think you are quite right. It would seem that the other Cruiser tank still has its original tracks.

Regards,

Arjan
Last edited by ArjanWiskerke on April 6th, 2012, 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.