Easy innovation for instructions

Hosted by Al Bowie and Brett Green, the General AFV Modelling discussion group covers any general military modelling topic including industry news and announcements.

Easy innovation for instructions

July 24th, 2012, 1:15 am #1

I wish each step of the instructions would tell me what sprue were used in that step.

I don't have the work space to layout all sprue, but I could layout two or three.

I could do it myself and I will try on my next project but it would be so easy for a company.

Anyone else like the idea? Have other ideas about better instructions.

Thanks,
David

July 24th, 2012, 1:52 am #2

Hi
Also, if all sprues were mapped on the instruction sheet AND big enough to read - for us oldies - that would help !

Some mnfrs do already. But Miniart figs are bad at it - they don't even number the parts on the sprue! Argh.

Cheers
Andrew

July 24th, 2012, 2:07 pm #3

I wish each step of the instructions would tell me what sprue were used in that step.

I don't have the work space to layout all sprue, but I could layout two or three.

I could do it myself and I will try on my next project but it would be so easy for a company.

Thanks,
David
the yellow box ones from the 1980s. They labeled the sprues with a symbol in the instructions, usually a circle, square and a triangle on a cut out page. Then when you built the kit, it listed part 12 triangle, you knew what sprue it was from.

Tamiya and Dragon both use a letter to call out the sprues.

RobG
RobG

July 24th, 2012, 9:48 pm #4

Thanks,
David
...if the reference source for markings and painting info was noted on the kit instruction's painting guide.

Book title, author, publisher, ISBN and page (or web-site address) would be very helpful. It is very likely the manufacturers know where they got their info, so why not share and make it all-the-more-easier for modlers to confirm?

Many after-market decal manufacturers (Archer, Bison and Echelon come to mind) provide such info as an aid to their customers.

Frank

delete abwehr 2x from email

visit frankdesisto.com

(edited for typo's)
Last edited by zappa93 on July 24th, 2012, 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.