Early Panther G with Zimmerit build done

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

Early Panther G with Zimmerit build done

February 17th, 2009, 2:38 am #1

Hi Folks, With all the rain we've had lately, I haven't made it outside to the shed for painting yet (I always have an excuse ).
Well, going with my flow, here's a Voyager PE set on the panther. This was the first time I built the tracks as removable and it seems life should be easier later. I want to add spare tracks to the turret like in the photos (early G on left), but I'm not totally sure where I was actually headed with this project yet. Enjoy Panther fever.

?t=1234838121

?t=1234838149

February 17th, 2009, 2:42 am #2

P.S. Early G turret with late vents on hull which should be hidden by grills anyways.

February 17th, 2009, 12:37 pm #3

Hi Folks, With all the rain we've had lately, I haven't made it outside to the shed for painting yet (I always have an excuse ).
Well, going with my flow, here's a Voyager PE set on the panther. This was the first time I built the tracks as removable and it seems life should be easier later. I want to add spare tracks to the turret like in the photos (early G on left), but I'm not totally sure where I was actually headed with this project yet. Enjoy Panther fever.

?t=1234838121

?t=1234838149
Gregorio,

That is a good looking panther. The PE sheets look the part and they must look yet better painted, I think.

Keep us posted.
Lu

February 19th, 2009, 5:40 am #4

P.S. Early G turret with late vents on hull which should be hidden by grills anyways.
I think you will have do several diluted thin coats with low pressure.

The Duke
------------------
Talk Less, Build More
http://tinyworldofcalvingoh.blogspot.com/