E-75 with 10.5cm / L68 KwK

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

E-75 with 10.5cm / L68 KwK

September 10th, 2011, 8:45 pm #1

This is one of my latest projects. Its an E-75 with a 10.5cm / L68 KwK gun. I also decided to add a Turm-Winkelzielfernrohr 3 stabilized periscopic gun sight. Information can be found about this sight on page 147 of the book, Germanys Tiger Tanks by Jentz T. L and Doyle H. L.

This model is a bash of the Trumpeter E-75 and DML late Tiger II kits. I chose to use the DML turret because of the better weld detail. All of the PE used on this model is available from Aber. The gun, mantlet and cleaning rods are offered by Zitader. The mufflers and their armored coves are from Tiger Model Designs.

The one thing that I have never totally agreed with on the available drawing proposals and kits of the E-50 and E-75 tanks is the assembly and weld design of the front full plates. It is my belief that the layout of the these plates would have been more like what was on the Tiger II and Panther tanks. This being the lower hull side plates extruding above and below on each side of the lower and upper front ingots allowing for stronger fillet type welds. Besides, I think the hull looks more interesting this way. I also revamped all of the weld detail as well.

I would like to thank John Osselaer for all of his help with answering my many questions and providing me with the reference material needed to complete this model.

I would also like to thank Mike Rinaldi, Mr. Kashiwagi of Armor Modeling and Scott Negron for their help in getting me the kits and accessories needed to complete this project.

Happy Modeling
ANPW

September 10th, 2011, 9:13 pm #2

nt

September 10th, 2011, 9:20 pm #3

This is one of my latest projects. Its an E-75 with a 10.5cm / L68 KwK gun. I also decided to add a Turm-Winkelzielfernrohr 3 stabilized periscopic gun sight. Information can be found about this sight on page 147 of the book, Germanys Tiger Tanks by Jentz T. L and Doyle H. L.

This model is a bash of the Trumpeter E-75 and DML late Tiger II kits. I chose to use the DML turret because of the better weld detail. All of the PE used on this model is available from Aber. The gun, mantlet and cleaning rods are offered by Zitader. The mufflers and their armored coves are from Tiger Model Designs.

The one thing that I have never totally agreed with on the available drawing proposals and kits of the E-50 and E-75 tanks is the assembly and weld design of the front full plates. It is my belief that the layout of the these plates would have been more like what was on the Tiger II and Panther tanks. This being the lower hull side plates extruding above and below on each side of the lower and upper front ingots allowing for stronger fillet type welds. Besides, I think the hull looks more interesting this way. I also revamped all of the weld detail as well.

I would like to thank John Osselaer for all of his help with answering my many questions and providing me with the reference material needed to complete this model.

I would also like to thank Mike Rinaldi, Mr. Kashiwagi of Armor Modeling and Scott Negron for their help in getting me the kits and accessories needed to complete this project.

Happy Modeling
ANPW
It's a cool camouflage and a amazing paint job.

Aliaume

September 10th, 2011, 10:15 pm #4

Happy Modeling
ANPW
I rather agree with you on the front plate assmebly and think you've done a superb job with this build, for me the streaking on the hull and turret is a bit heavy but everything else about the finish is stunningly done.

September 10th, 2011, 11:03 pm #5

Happy Modeling
ANPW
Great stuff Adam. There's so much to take in. My favourite parts are the sagging suspension on one side and the wet/dry effect all over the hull. Outstanding.
Regard's, Dave.

September 10th, 2011, 11:03 pm #6

Happy Modeling
ANPW
tanks I have ever seen. I,too,believe that the streaking is a tee bit overdone but the colors,tones,chipping,battle scares,etc,is so nicely done. Also one of the most realistic exanples of bearing grease that I have seen. Do you work with heavy construction? Because the running gear is dead on bro.This cat looks like it just passed through some of those notorious vineyards in Hungary in '45.
J

September 10th, 2011, 11:07 pm #7

Happy Modeling
ANPW
Looks tough, I also like the lack of roadwheels on one side and the track sag...well done Adam, one of your best (in my eyes)

Luke

September 10th, 2011, 11:32 pm #8

Happy Modeling
ANPW
Doesn't need any more Pin Wash - just a big car wash - wicked.

Cheers
Andrew

September 10th, 2011, 11:34 pm #9

Happy Modeling
ANPW
Really super-cool, awesome paint and weathering work, i like so much the oil stains yn the middle of the wheel and running gear.
Congrats Adam, excellent model as always.
Regards.
Atte, Felix (panzerfelix)

September 10th, 2011, 11:40 pm #10

Happy Modeling
ANPW
Oh boy that's the biz,too cool for school ,you de man,z