Dragon Tiger I Initial

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Dragon Tiger I Initial

May 21st, 2012, 6:46 pm #1

Here is the result of my effort to model the Tiger No 100 of the 502nd Heavy Panzer Battalion. Base model is the Dragon Initial Tiger which I had bought almost as soon as it came out back I think in 2003. I had wished to model this particular vehicle even before the Dragon model was released, because of the different layout of the storage bins on both sides of the turret, something I have not seen on another vehicle.

I tried to portray the vehicle as I thought it would look by the end of 1942, shortly after it arrived at the front and long before its capture by the Russians in January 1943. Since I found on the net its photos taken at Gorky Park in Moscow in 1943 at the captured enemy weaponry display, just as I completed the model, I know of most of the obvious mistakes I made to depict this particular vehicle. It was too late for this one but maybe in the future I may try another one, who knows?

Painted mostly by Tamiya acrylics, detail painted by Vallejo, weathered by Mig and AK products.

Comment are wellcome and actually sought...

May 21st, 2012, 7:02 pm #2

i love shades of gray... everything looking nice and balanced...

congrats bro!
murat

May 21st, 2012, 8:25 pm #3

Here is the result of my effort to model the Tiger No 100 of the 502nd Heavy Panzer Battalion. Base model is the Dragon Initial Tiger which I had bought almost as soon as it came out back I think in 2003. I had wished to model this particular vehicle even before the Dragon model was released, because of the different layout of the storage bins on both sides of the turret, something I have not seen on another vehicle.

I tried to portray the vehicle as I thought it would look by the end of 1942, shortly after it arrived at the front and long before its capture by the Russians in January 1943. Since I found on the net its photos taken at Gorky Park in Moscow in 1943 at the captured enemy weaponry display, just as I completed the model, I know of most of the obvious mistakes I made to depict this particular vehicle. It was too late for this one but maybe in the future I may try another one, who knows?

Painted mostly by Tamiya acrylics, detail painted by Vallejo, weathered by Mig and AK products.

Congratulations Ahmet!

The model looks fabulous. Very subtle shade gradations! Not overdone!
And those tracks... These are probably the most realistic looking tracks I've seen in a long time!
Great modelling, Mister!

I hope to see more of your works.

All the best!
Steven from Munich

May 21st, 2012, 9:33 pm #4

Thanks Steven.

May 22nd, 2012, 3:31 am #5

A horseshoe should point up, otherwise the luck will run out.
If it points down as they have it on the tank.

At least that was what I was told as a child.

Owen

May 22nd, 2012, 12:18 pm #6

this is how grey tanks should look like .I like the tone of the grey and the weathering also .A great piece for your cabinet.

greetings Detlev

http://panzer-modell.de.tl/

May 22nd, 2012, 12:18 pm #7

The finish is superb,nice work.

May 22nd, 2012, 1:13 pm #8

That paint job and weathering is just stunning. I love it. Brilliant!

May 22nd, 2012, 8:43 pm #9

i love shades of gray... everything looking nice and balanced...

congrats bro!
murat
tenx bro

May 22nd, 2012, 8:45 pm #10

A horseshoe should point up, otherwise the luck will run out.
If it points down as they have it on the tank.

At least that was what I was told as a child.

Owen
could be the number of wheels on their tanks. I cannot imagine how it was to change a couple of wheels on tbe inner side. Even modelling them was quite laborsome...