Dragon StuG IIIG update

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

Dragon StuG IIIG update

June 23rd, 2012, 11:45 am #1

Hi chaps

Things have been a bit slow on the armour modelling front lately, mainly owing to the Euro 2012 football and a 1:32 Hasegawa Fw 190D-9.

However, England have had a break and the glue is drying on the Dora so I've done a bit on the little StuG. It was pointed out to me that the commander's hatch opened on more of an angle and the machine gun was stowed inside and the armour plate laid flat when the loader's hatch was shut. That's a bit of a shame as the gun with etch ring site is a real gem. Maybe I'll jut have it lying on the top, hmmmm. Thanks for the feedback chaps.

I've also done the etched shurzen armour. Again it was really fiddly but well worth it.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Right, we're now ready for the fun bit, paint!

June 23rd, 2012, 4:42 pm #2

That looks awesome! Paint will only enhance an already brilliant model.

You're building a Dora as well? Is it the 1/35 or 1/72 scale one? I've seen a completed 1/35 scale one; what a massive and impressive model!
The Duke; Mark Deliduka
Virtuoso of Miniatures

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

June 25th, 2012, 6:46 am #3

Hi chaps

Things have been a bit slow on the armour modelling front lately, mainly owing to the Euro 2012 football and a 1:32 Hasegawa Fw 190D-9.

However, England have had a break and the glue is drying on the Dora so I've done a bit on the little StuG. It was pointed out to me that the commander's hatch opened on more of an angle and the machine gun was stowed inside and the armour plate laid flat when the loader's hatch was shut. That's a bit of a shame as the gun with etch ring site is a real gem. Maybe I'll jut have it lying on the top, hmmmm. Thanks for the feedback chaps.

I've also done the etched shurzen armour. Again it was really fiddly but well worth it.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Right, we're now ready for the fun bit, paint!
Hi Jamie, very good work, I'll wait impatiently to see finished and weathered!