Dragon StuG IIIG 1:72 - construction finito

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Dragon StuG IIIG 1:72 - construction finito

June 23rd, 2012, 11:48 am #1

Hi chaps

Things have been a bit slow on the armour modelling front lately, mainly owing to the Euro 2012 football and a 1:32 Hasegawa Fw 190D-9.

However, England have had a break and the glue is drying on the Dora so I've done a bit on the little StuG. It was pointed out to me that the commander's hatch opened on more of an angle and the machine gun was stowed inside and the armour plate laid flat when the loader's hatch was shut. That's a bit of a shame as the gun with etch ring site is a real gem. Maybe I'll jut have it lying on the top, hmmmm. Thanks for the feedback chaps.

I've also done the etched shurzen armour. Again it was really fiddly but well worth it.

Right, we're now ready for the fun bit, paint!

June 23rd, 2012, 12:32 pm #2

Exceptional building Jamie! Looking forward to that fun part!!!

Cheers,

T

June 23rd, 2012, 1:23 pm #3

Hi chaps

Things have been a bit slow on the armour modelling front lately, mainly owing to the Euro 2012 football and a 1:32 Hasegawa Fw 190D-9.

However, England have had a break and the glue is drying on the Dora so I've done a bit on the little StuG. It was pointed out to me that the commander's hatch opened on more of an angle and the machine gun was stowed inside and the armour plate laid flat when the loader's hatch was shut. That's a bit of a shame as the gun with etch ring site is a real gem. Maybe I'll jut have it lying on the top, hmmmm. Thanks for the feedback chaps.

I've also done the etched shurzen armour. Again it was really fiddly but well worth it.

Hi
That is neat. A great job.

Andrew

June 23rd, 2012, 1:38 pm #4

Hi chaps

So small size and so great detailing. Love it!

Javier de Luelmo - Diesel

http://dieselwerk.blogspot.com/

June 23rd, 2012, 6:12 pm #5

Hi chaps

That my friend is impressive to say the least. Well done and then some!!!

Gary