Dragon's Artillery Crew

[url=http://twenot-forums.nl[/url]
De ML/Twenot Nederlandstalige discussiegroep is bedoeld voor al Uw vragen betreffende het bouwen van militaire modellen, diorama's en figuren. (Archive)

Dragon's Artillery Crew

Arno Riedel
Arno Riedel

August 30th, 2003, 9:44 am #1

Laatst zag ik hier dat iemand deze zocht. Het schijnt een nieuwe uitgave te zijn, waarschijnlijk bedoelt voor de GROTE STUKKEN. Groetjes Arno http://www.dragonmodelsltd.com/html/6201-1.html

August 30th, 2003, 10:52 am #2

denk ik dat het hier hier gaat om crew dat bij een Thor staat,...iig geval zo'n giga-apparaat.

August 30th, 2003, 1:42 pm #3

Laatst zag ik hier dat iemand deze zocht. Het schijnt een nieuwe uitgave te zijn, waarschijnlijk bedoelt voor de GROTE STUKKEN. Groetjes Arno http://www.dragonmodelsltd.com/html/6201-1.html
kun je leuke dingen mee doen voor dio. ik kan wel 1000
dingen bedenken voor deze set.jammer dat er geen amerikaanse set is of wat dan ook...meschien komt dat
nog.....
r.kornet

maurice Vischer
maurice Vischer

August 30th, 2003, 4:23 pm #4

hoort bij de mooie leopold

August 31st, 2003, 12:30 am #5

Zijn dat er niet wat weinig ? Er stonden toch iets van 15 tot 20 gasten bij zo'n ding ? Had best was uitgebreider gemogen. Dragon's covers zijn meestal "what you see is what you get"...ik vind het maar karig.
Wachten op part II lijkt me...

groetjes Frank

Arno Riedel
Arno Riedel

August 31st, 2003, 6:59 am #6

hoort bij de mooie leopold
Volgens Dragon zijn ze zo ontworpen dat ze bij elk van deze Stukken gebruikt kunnen worden. Het lijkt me ook dat het er wat weinig zijn.

Niels Henkemans
Niels Henkemans

August 31st, 2003, 10:46 am #7

Karl, Leopold etc. Deze multipupose figuren schijnen een nieuwe tacktiek van dragon te zijn, maar op het figurenforum op ML kunnen ze je daar vast meer over vertellen. Daar waren ze trouwens ook niet zo happy met deze "mannequins". De meeste staan maar wat uniformen te showen en doen verder niks. Trouwens wel ideaal als krijgsgevangenen of zoiets, maar als guncrew?. Idd hopen op een deel twee.

August 31st, 2003, 1:35 pm #8

Heb je de discussie ook helemaal gevolgd?
Met name de uitleg van Ron Volstad spreekt namelijk voor zich
Rob

Well guys, I guess we're not going to hit a home-run every time we're at bat. I must say that I don't necessarily dissagree with everything that has been said here, but perhaps you'll allow me a comment or two.

1. This particular set was designed specifically for the Karl kit with some potential for carry over to the Leopold. How Dragon has chosen to entitle it is beyond my control. I will admit that the schedule was very tight and that certainly can't be ignored regarding the decisions that were made. Now I don't know how many of you may have searched for photos of these two weapons systems, but those of you who have will realize that they are mighty rare; at least to this point. It would seem that it took a lot of fellows to man one of these guns; about 21 for the Karl I believe. The photos show one or two actually doing something with the rest standing around (just like a city work crew ). From that point of view, the poses are absolutely typical. And indeed, some consideration was given to the potential for conversion. Despite the opinions sometimes offered, not much is available in the way of early war German soldiers.

2. Obviously the multipose aspect is lost on some. At least an option is given here and two boxes will make up two thirds of a Karl crew. A bit of "imagineering"
with a third set would give nearly the full crew. Is that any improvement on the usual four figure set? As for the specific poses, I will have to bow to those of you who are more familiar with the Karl and Leopold. Perhaps you can advise me on what the poses should have been.

3. As for choice of subject matter in general, if I had my 'druthers, there would be a lot morer WWII Allied subjects in the works (that's what I build).
But since it is not my money being invested, I don't have such a say. I do understand that the WWII German stuff outsells anything else by a margin greater than two to one. Where would you invest your cash?

4. As for cutting corners...I don't bloody think so!
I am the one that designs these figures for Dragon (although I don't chose the subjects)and I can document the many hours spent in doing so. There are literally hundreds of decisions that have to be made with each set, not to mention the research involved. (Note that early war uniforms were chosen since these guns were most active during the early years of WWII, when the Wehrmacht was on the offensive).
If the intent was to cut corners, Dragon would have simply have modified an existing set rather than pay the costs involved with a fresh set.

Now I am sorry that some feel let down by this set. I guess I won't be able to retire next year as I had hoped. I'll just have to keep working at it until I finally produce that figure set that pleases everyone!
LOL! Hmmmmmmmmm! I guess that won't happen anytime soon. On the other hand, this thread does give me food for thought; perhaps I've contributed all that I have to offer to this hobby. Maybe time to move on!

Last edited by twenot on August 31st, 2003, 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Niels Henkemans
Niels Henkemans

August 31st, 2003, 4:56 pm #9

je had trouwens gelijk, ik had de discussie niet helemaal gevolgd. De eerste dag wel (geloof ik), maar daarna niet meer. Mijn fout, sorry daarvoor. Het was trouwens niet de bedoeling om de kit af te kraken, maar de mening van veel mensen op ML was hetzelfde en ik dacht dat die mening hier voor de mensen hier ook wel interessant zou zijn. Voor de positie van Ron heb ik overigens veel begrip en ook erg veel respect voor zijn werk.

Grtz Niels