Dragon replacement parts...

Hosted by Al Bowie and Brett Green, the General AFV Modelling discussion group covers any general military modelling topic including industry news and announcements.

Dragon replacement parts...

January 9th, 2018, 9:50 am #1

Any idea how I can obtain replacement parts from Dragon? Tried their website but customer service option doesn't seem to work...

Thanks for any help...
Matthew

January 9th, 2018, 5:58 pm #2

Hi Matthew,

Dragon will sometimes be able to replace missing parts from kits. It is hit and miss though and you can see by the number of complaints on this website alone how difficult it can be. Dragon operates out of a high rise office tower in Hong Kong and don't have a manufacturing facility like Tamiya and some others, where parts can be obtained by going into the warehouse. The molding is done by contractors based in China and so if they order 5,000 kits then that's what they get.

That being said, what are you looking for? If it's WWII German then it's possible I may be able to help.

Regards,

Tom
Tom Cockle

January 10th, 2018, 11:39 pm #3

Hi Tom. Thank you for taking the time to reply. I actually bought the newly released Type 95 Chi ha early version and the upper hull moulding has a linear defect along the side. This is not appearant on the pictures of the model on the dragon website so I figure it must be just mine?

So I guess I'll have to sort it out with filler and files...

Thanks again Tom...

Matthew

January 12th, 2018, 9:43 pm #4

Try contacting the place where you bought the kit? That is always the best place to try first before going to the company. Most good mail order and retail shops will take care of this and they are set up better to get spare parts.
DAVID NICKELS

January 13th, 2018, 11:39 pm #5

Thanks!

Matthew

February 1st, 2018, 12:56 pm #6

Any idea how I can obtain replacement parts from Dragon? Tried their website but customer service option doesn't seem to work...

Thanks for any help...
Matthew
I've been waiting for replacement parts for my Dragon Pz III since November 2017! I even offered to pay for them.
Phone calls and email ha e had no responses.
Hmmm, maybe we modelers should boycot Dragon for a month to make them listen!