Dragon Horch Kfz. 18

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

Dragon Horch Kfz. 18

July 24th, 2012, 8:41 am #1

Hello guys,

I'm wondering if the Horch Kfz. 18 kit from Dragon (ref. 7378) was ever released? I've not found much stuff on the web (especially on this web site), and it doesn't appear on Dragon catalogue anymore???

Apart from a Krupp Protze Kfz. 70, what would you recommand for a German softskin used for troop transport in France, end 1942 (no resin nor white metal stuff please!)? The Dragon kit looked OK for this purpose despite his high price

Some ideas?

Thanks by advance!

July 24th, 2012, 8:58 am #2

It's out there!

http://mc-modellbau.de/html/dragon.html

regards,
Steen

Keep updated on new announcements and releases from the small scale manufacturers at http://inscalemodelling.com

July 24th, 2012, 11:03 am #3

Hello guys,

I'm wondering if the Horch Kfz. 18 kit from Dragon (ref. 7378) was ever released? I've not found much stuff on the web (especially on this web site), and it doesn't appear on Dragon catalogue anymore???

Apart from a Krupp Protze Kfz. 70, what would you recommand for a German softskin used for troop transport in France, end 1942 (no resin nor white metal stuff please!)? The Dragon kit looked OK for this purpose despite his high price

Some ideas?

Thanks by advance!
hey Pierre you can always try ebay if you can't find the kit on a online shop .... as i bought the kit when it first came out ....

July 25th, 2012, 7:09 am #4

Hello guys,

Some ideas?

Thanks by advance!
Hello

I'd suggest you go for Kit 7421, which also has 2 x Horch, but with a canopy in the 'up' postion. Kit 7378 only has a 'down' canopy.

I also bought 7378 when it came out, nice enough model, but no interior detail on the doors, not even an outline of the door shapes, and the sides are thicker than the armour on some tanks.

The "canopy up" variant hides all this.

Then there are the rear doors, which are incorrect on all the kits, so they either have to be ignored or fixed, no matter which Dragon Horch kit you get.

cheers
Neil

Last edited by neilyall on July 25th, 2012, 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neil Lyall

July 25th, 2012, 5:28 pm #5

Hello guys,

Some ideas?

Thanks by advance!
Thanks everybody for your advices ! (n/t)