Dragon (DOESN'T) Care

Hosted by Al Bowie and Brett Green, the General AFV Modelling discussion group covers any general military modelling topic including industry news and announcements.

Dragon (DOESN'T) Care

February 2nd, 2018, 4:41 am #1

Interesting that this problem was spoken of just a short time ago. Dragon Care is a bloody joke.
On Nov 14, 2017 I made a phone call to Dragon USA about an issue I have with a model. there was no answer. On Jan 2, 2018 I sent a detailed email to Dragon "Care".
On Jan 22, 2018 I received a terse "send proof of purchase" note in response. Tonight I fired off another email to Dragon (DOESN'T) Care asking how to provide proof any further than I already had. I had offered to cover any costs; not expecting to get the parts for free; only to be told "We don't sell parts".
I've had to deal with most of the major manufacturers regarding missing or defective parts and have NEVER received such a back handed response. If others didn't "sell" parts they at least replaced them at no cost. Regardless of the circumstances. Others like Tamiya and Tasca/Asuka will happily sell you parts. All you need to do is contact them.
For a company that has such a high percentage of a shrinking group of customers Dragon really doesn't give a rat's @## about supporting their customers when they have an issue with one of their expensive kits. But they don't have to - they already have our money!
Perhaps if more of us "shrinking group" types yelled a bit more they may listen . Or, better yet, everyone participate in a 1 month BOYCOTT and not buy any of their kits! If their bottom line; and unfortunately your LHS of mail order house; is thus impacted perhaps they will listen then!
As for me, I'll not purchase another Dragon kit until my personal issue is resolved to my satisfaction. Should that not happen I'll not buy another Dragon kit ever again! There are plenty of other manufacturers who are making wonderful kits to keep me happy the rest of my days!
Thanks to you all for listening to my rant. Now go beat on Dragon! They should remember: "The beatings will continue until morale improves."
LCplMac
Last edited by Kevin J. McNichols on February 2nd, 2018, 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 2nd, 2018, 4:16 pm #2

Kevin,

I stopped buying from dragon long ago, bad directions, sky high prices for mediocre kits, accuracy issues, “Black Death” kits....what’s not to dislike?

February 2nd, 2018, 6:30 pm #3

Interesting that this problem was spoken of just a short time ago. Dragon Care is a bloody joke.
On Nov 14, 2017 I made a phone call to Dragon USA about an issue I have with a model. there was no answer. On Jan 2, 2018 I sent a detailed email to Dragon "Care".
On Jan 22, 2018 I received a terse "send proof of purchase" note in response. Tonight I fired off another email to Dragon (DOESN'T) Care asking how to provide proof any further than I already had. I had offered to cover any costs; not expecting to get the parts for free; only to be told "We don't sell parts".
I've had to deal with most of the major manufacturers regarding missing or defective parts and have NEVER received such a back handed response. If others didn't "sell" parts they at least replaced them at no cost. Regardless of the circumstances. Others like Tamiya and Tasca/Asuka will happily sell you parts. All you need to do is contact them.
For a company that has such a high percentage of a shrinking group of customers Dragon really doesn't give a rat's @## about supporting their customers when they have an issue with one of their expensive kits. But they don't have to - they already have our money!
Perhaps if more of us "shrinking group" types yelled a bit more they may listen . Or, better yet, everyone participate in a 1 month BOYCOTT and not buy any of their kits! If their bottom line; and unfortunately your LHS of mail order house; is thus impacted perhaps they will listen then!
As for me, I'll not purchase another Dragon kit until my personal issue is resolved to my satisfaction. Should that not happen I'll not buy another Dragon kit ever again! There are plenty of other manufacturers who are making wonderful kits to keep me happy the rest of my days!
Thanks to you all for listening to my rant. Now go beat on Dragon! They should remember: "The beatings will continue until morale improves."
LCplMac
So if you go to a show tomorrow and see a DML kit you've been wanting for eight years on sale for $10, you'll just keep walking?

So if they announce a new kit at Nurenburg that YOU'VE ALWAYS WANTED and the reviews say it is a winner, you'll deny yourself just to spite Dragon?

Makes sense to me, and totally believable.

KL

February 2nd, 2018, 7:32 pm #4

LCplMac
That way Dragon sees none of the contents of your wallet and you can choose the extent to which you demand a discount from retail price to carry the downside of the instructions/pricing/business practices/whatever else. As long as you don’t pay over retail (which might encourage others to buy as an investment) you can have the good feelings about not giving Dragon money and getting cheap kits. Assuming that you can find the ones you want of course....

February 2nd, 2018, 8:12 pm #5

LCplMac
http://www.network54.com/Forum/47211/th ... iew+Thread
Tom Cockle

February 2nd, 2018, 10:36 pm #6

LCplMac
What part are you looking for?
Tom Cockle

February 3rd, 2018, 3:14 am #7

So if you go to a show tomorrow and see a DML kit you've been wanting for eight years on sale for $10, you'll just keep walking?

So if they announce a new kit at Nurenburg that YOU'VE ALWAYS WANTED and the reviews say it is a winner, you'll deny yourself just to spite Dragon?

Makes sense to me, and totally believable.

KL
Hi KL
In short the answer is absolute and emphatically YES!
If you bought a new car and it was messed up from the start what would you do if the manufacturer told you too bad? Would you wait until the next auto show and buy a glitzier, shinier car from the same people?
LCplMac

February 3rd, 2018, 3:19 am #8

That way Dragon sees none of the contents of your wallet and you can choose the extent to which you demand a discount from retail price to carry the downside of the instructions/pricing/business practices/whatever else. As long as you don’t pay over retail (which might encourage others to buy as an investment) you can have the good feelings about not giving Dragon money and getting cheap kits. Assuming that you can find the ones you want of course....
Do you mean at a show or online? Either way Dragon still got their money from someone on the wholesale market. Sometimes you can catch a deal at a show. But have you seen the prices on ebay? Full retail and much higher. Sometimes absolutely asininely higher.

February 3rd, 2018, 3:28 am #9

LCplMac
Never mentioned that. Missing parts? Just curious.

Jim

February 3rd, 2018, 3:32 am #10

What part are you looking for?
Consisting of the deck, al hatch hinges, tropical hatches and associated parts including the internal "lip" the hatches rest on and all of the lifting hooks.
So you see I have an expensive kit I can't build. Just a bunch of expensive spare parts.

I'll be perfectly honest how it happened and I told Dragon the same thing. It's a true story and a heck of a laugh.A frisky Rottweiler who chews on things. Including once eating a can of haggis. Tin can, wrapper and contents. She never even showed any gastric distress at all. Neeedless to say not much was left of the engine deck. And I am NOT going thru dog poop for a week looking for parts! 😱
LCplMac
Last edited by Kevin J. McNichols on February 3rd, 2018, 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.