Dragon Care

Hosted by Al Bowie and Brett Green, the General AFV Modelling discussion group covers any general military modelling topic including industry news and announcements.

Dragon Care

June 29th, 2012, 10:57 pm #1

i'm not having any luck with their online service - does anyone have an email address of someone at Dragon Care that i can email directly?

June 30th, 2012, 1:39 am #2

Continent? nt

June 30th, 2012, 8:31 am #3

i'm not having any luck with their online service - does anyone have an email address of someone at Dragon Care that i can email directly?
Hi

I believe you are in the UK which, although not from personal experience, doesn't make it easy to use Dragon Care. It's really aimed at the US and maybe the Far East from what I can see.

I believe the route you are expected to take in the UK is to contact the UK distributor for any claims. They will no doubt require a proof of purchase, such as a copy of your UK shop receipt. You'll note I said UK shop receipt, as understandably they only deal with UK purchased items that went through their distribution channels.

For purchases outside the UK, for example from a online dealer in the Far East I think you are going to need to contact them with your request.

Dragon Care direct seems to work well, but only if you are claiming from certain parts of the world, the UK just doesn't seem to be one of them.

Alan

July 1st, 2012, 6:45 pm #4

i don't have receipt as i bought kit at a show but would gladly pay for the parts if charge was reasonable... does Dragon Care offer parts to buy?

July 1st, 2012, 8:48 pm #5

Hi

I don't believe they do sell sprues in the way Tamiya and Tasca do. I think they are interested in selling kits and fulfilling any obligation to replace or provide missing or badly manufactured parts only. With their range and stock turnover it would be a logistical nightmare.

Even parts claimed via Dragon Care are subject to availability as I understand it. Current kits shouldn't be a problem for replacements/claims but older kits may mean they simply don't have them in stock to access parts and you'd be waiting the next production run, which might not even happen if it's replaced with a newer tooled version.

If it's a whole sprue it might be so expensive anyway that seeking out anothe kit on ebay etc. might be better/cheaper. Alternatively if its a part, with the wealth of "spares" in each Dragon kit it might be worth posting a "want" on the modelling forums to see if a fellow modeller can help you out.

Who knows the bits you want may no even be needed for the build if some of the sprue counts in Dragon boxes are anything to go by!!

Alan

July 3rd, 2012, 6:49 am #6

i don't have receipt as i bought kit at a show but would gladly pay for the parts if charge was reasonable... does Dragon Care offer parts to buy?
I'm not sure they do if you live in the UK Greg

I bought a Panther at a show a few years ago and it was missing an idler part. Not an easy part to replace from spares or scratching.

I 'opened a ticket' with Drago Care in July 2008

I received their first reply 8 months later in March 2009 saying,

"Thank you very much for your inquiry. We appreciate your continued patience and understanding on this important matter. We will try our best to help you. Please reply this message if your still need replacement. Otherwise, this ticket will close after 30 days of this message."

I then got another email on 14th September 2010, 2 years and 2 months later saying:
"Thank you for using DragonCare!

Your issue has been logged into the DragonCare system. You may check the status of your current issue by logging into the support ticket system at the following address:"

I have heard of people getting satisfaction from Dragon Care and faster, but still on average around 6 months in the UK; which is unacceptably long and poor service in my opinion

In the meantime of course I had given up and gone to the Hobby Company as the UK importer

The hobby company sent me the part within a week. One week versus two years and two months; the contrast in service speaks volumes I think.

I too did not have a receipt but I could tell them the date I bought it and the trader I bought it from. They may have tightened things up since then but I think its worth a go

Chris

July 4th, 2012, 11:04 am #7

this is my result

http://roman-bizarre.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/rvscale/
https://roman-the-modelmaker.blogspot.no/

July 4th, 2012, 12:14 pm #8

like greased lightning lol NT