DRAGON 1/72 Polish M4A1

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

DRAGON 1/72 Polish M4A1

March 25th, 2012, 4:47 pm #1

For some unknown reason, I like the Polish AFVs in WWII very much. This is my little Polish M4A1(DRAGON kit no. 7304), according to the instruction sheet, it was of the 2nd Armoured Regiment, Polish 1st Armoured Division. Basically I built this Sherman OOTB, but added some home-made accessories with epoxy putty. Hope you will enjoy it.
Any comments will be welcomed!

March 26th, 2012, 8:24 am #2

that this is 1/72nd. It looks amazing. I would have guessed 1/35th. Very well done! Stevie.

March 26th, 2012, 4:44 pm #3

For some unknown reason, I like the Polish AFVs in WWII very much. This is my little Polish M4A1(DRAGON kit no. 7304), according to the instruction sheet, it was of the 2nd Armoured Regiment, Polish 1st Armoured Division. Basically I built this Sherman OOTB, but added some home-made accessories with epoxy putty. Hope you will enjoy it.
Any comments will be welcomed!

Jack,

That looks really good. I like the finish, which I know is difficult to attain in 1/72nd.

One thing you may want to consider (perhaps if you do another one) is that the bolt strip at the top of the transmission is actually part of the transmission casting - there should not be a gap or seam between it and the transmission housing.

------
Chuck Rothman
Former AMPS Webmaster
Former AMPS Boresight Editor
Now just a regular AMPS member
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chuck Rothman
AMPS 2nd VP - Canada

March 28th, 2012, 5:58 pm #4

Hi Chuck,
Thank you very much for your advice!
I have never paid any attention to that place before,
one of the reason might be that I am actually a Darksider more than a OD Guy

March 28th, 2012, 6:04 pm #5

that this is 1/72nd. It looks amazing. I would have guessed 1/35th. Very well done! Stevie.
Next time I should put a coin or a ruler on the side of my small scale model while taking pictures.