Downpour....

3:37 PM - Mar 01, 2015 #1

....with man´s best friend.
Started this project in 2011. After finishing a bone dry desert diorama I decided to go for the extreme opposite: a rainy scene from the eastern front. The challanges has been many along the way, but it´s rewarding to step outside the confort zone. I would say every step and ingredience has been achieved throgh endless trial and errors. Got the idea for the vignette at once when I lay my hands on that stunning russian figure from Stalingrad and a white metal dog (manufacturer unknown). For a loong time the whole thing was at a standstill since I simply couldn't get the figure right in the painting process. In the end, just to finnish the vignette before 2016, I asked Johan Fohlin to paint the darn thing. Credit to him for this, I did the rest

Best regards from Göteborg, Ulf

WOWW

3:46 PM - Mar 01, 2015 #2

My mind is blown.

Two questions came to my mind.
1. Where did you get the maïs/corn plants?
2. How did you make all those raindrops?

Richard

raindrops are falling..

4:07 PM - Mar 01, 2015 #3

Started this project in 2011. After finishing a bone dry desert diorama I decided to go for the extreme opposite: a rainy scene from the eastern front. The challanges has been many along the way, but it´s rewarding to step outside the confort zone. I would say every step and ingredience has been achieved throgh endless trial and errors. Got the idea for the vignette at once when I lay my hands on that stunning russian figure from Stalingrad and a white metal dog (manufacturer unknown). For a loong time the whole thing was at a standstill since I simply couldn't get the figure right in the painting process. In the end, just to finnish the vignette before 2016, I asked Johan Fohlin to paint the darn thing. Credit to him for this, I did the rest

See my response above!

Roger

Unreal...

5:11 PM - Mar 01, 2015 #4

That is a first...never seen this done before. Outstanding job on the details. My wife was even impressed...and in our hobby that's reeeeeally hard to do;).

Brian

You cracked it

5:25 PM - Mar 01, 2015 #5

Very well done. You cracked the question, how to depict falling rain.
Impressive work!

Genius!

10:27 PM - Mar 01, 2015 #6

In all the opposite glory of that most excellent Panzer I desert vignette way back when...this is just as brilliant. Love it Ulf. Great to see you realize your goals, and I can't imagine the work getting all those drops looking just right. Congrats!

Hi Ulf

11:13 PM - Mar 01, 2015 #7

Hi Ulf,
Nice to see you back with a model.Very orginal and fine. It Really looks like raining....and the trench....the cornfield......very nice and glad to see news from you! Going to Moson this year?

Snygg vignette Ulf

Mirko
Last edited by mirkobayerl on 11:14 PM - Mar 01, 2015, edited 1 time in total.

8:39 AM - Mar 02, 2015 #8

Rain, rain, rain, .... Marvellous, awesome work, cold, rain, perfect

Congrats.

Domin

Downpour new imges

9:31 AM - Mar 02, 2015 #9

Did all the uploading etc using my wife´s MAC with the first batch. Now, in my PC they appear very dark.

Here´s an additional set processed in the PC (in a rush).

/Ulf

Incredible!

11:14 AM - Mar 02, 2015 #10

Hej Ulf!

First I have to say you have been missed!
Your Return is defenately with a bang!!
First time I have seen rain effect done with such realism. Congrats and welcome back

Per Olav