Does ModelCollect's E-50 Jagdpanther come with a metal barrel?

October 1st, 2016, 8:44 pm #1

I have been thinking about getting one of their 1946 models (72070 E-50 Jagdpanther) but can't find any information on if it really includes a metal barrel. The boxart says it does but I know Modelcollect has had problems in the past. eBay sales only show the box and Henk's webpage has some nice sprue scans of the plastic from a source in the Ukraine but no instruction sheets. Does anyone have one of these yet?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

Every Modelcollect E-series kit I have...

October 1st, 2016, 9:53 pm #2

has had a metal barrel in the box. Don't see why the Jagdpanzer wouldn't.

Re: Every Modelcollect E-series kit I have...

October 1st, 2016, 10:50 pm #3

They don't all have metal barrels.

October 1st, 2016, 10:55 pm #4

I have been thinking about getting one of their 1946 models (72070 E-50 Jagdpanther) but can't find any information on if it really includes a metal barrel. The boxart says it does but I know Modelcollect has had problems in the past. eBay sales only show the box and Henk's webpage has some nice sprue scans of the plastic from a source in the Ukraine but no instruction sheets. Does anyone have one of these yet?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff
I don't think it does, either that or they forgot to take a picture of it.

http://hobbyterra.com/product/germany-w ... 72070.html

October 1st, 2016, 11:46 pm #5

They don't all have metal barrels.
Which ones don't? Do their boxes say they have metal barrels?

It doesnt actually say metal barrel

October 1st, 2016, 11:47 pm #6

I don't think it does, either that or they forgot to take a picture of it.

http://hobbyterra.com/product/germany-w ... 72070.html
At least not anywhere I can see. So I suppose there's the definite answer

October 2nd, 2016, 12:05 am #7

Which ones don't? Do their boxes say they have metal barrels?
Other than the one the OP mentioned one of the E-75's that doesn't show one either.

Thanks Mike and Douglas

October 2nd, 2016, 5:43 am #8

Thanks in advance,
Jeff
I guess Modelcollect's plans changed. This is the boxart from Henk's webpage and the e-shop I was thinking about buying the kit from:

You can see it's different from Hobbyterra's site. Maybe there was a problem with the barrels or it wasn't cost-effective to include them? Glad I asked. Thanks again.
Jeff

My Copy..

October 2nd, 2016, 8:35 pm #9

...of UA72070 E-50 Jagdpanther w/105/L62 Gun DOES NOT have a metal barrel.

FYI

Loren
Loren Pike
IPMS#10921
USA

Re: Thanks Mike and Douglas

October 2nd, 2016, 8:47 pm #10

I guess Modelcollect's plans changed. This is the boxart from Henk's webpage and the e-shop I was thinking about buying the kit from:

You can see it's different from Hobbyterra's site. Maybe there was a problem with the barrels or it wasn't cost-effective to include them? Glad I asked. Thanks again.
Jeff
They may have either deleted it or added it on a later run. I'd would expect if it says it has it on the box it should be there but I'd contact the shop before buying it and asking them to check if you really want it.