Doc Dios - world of dioramas

The Dioramas discussion group is hosted by Marijn Van Gils and is dedicated to all aspects of military model dioramas.

Doc Dios - world of dioramas

keith forsyth
keith forsyth

April 5th, 2003, 5:36 pm #1

Hi

thanks to all the people who have contacted me via various means, to let me know that my web site Doc Dios seem to have disappeared into cyberspace. i feel it is only fair to let everyone know what has happened.

The Host for Doc Dios it seem had decided to upgrade there servers (didnt let me know ) and for some reason they deleated Doc Dios in the process. After contacting them various time i have had no real explenation as to why my web site was deleated, I have tried to reload Doc Dios back but also seem that they have also deleated my account. The account was free, so i have no real complaints other than they now want me to pay to Host Doc Dios, a cynic would say its strange to deleat it for no reason then expect you to pay after .

So at first i was just going to retire the web site, and may be concentrate on other things. I have not really had the time to run the site as i would really have wished.

After recieving the emails i did, it dawned on me there are still people who visit it regually and use the information held with in, so to this end i have found a new provider to host the web site and brought the domain name to make it a little bit easier to find.

I hope to have it back on line, tempory over the next couple of days whilst i try to rebuild it and give it a make over.

the web address will be www.docdio.com (catchy i know )

So to all my friends and the people who continue to use Doc Dios thanks for the encouragement, normal service will resume soon.

" Watch this Space"

cheers

keith Forsyth

Phaisal Hanbuntrong
Phaisal Hanbuntrong

April 6th, 2003, 6:26 am #2

The problem with free site is understandable. In the past I've been forced to upgrade to pay account (the free host decreased free space from 50 MB down to 12 MB) Now I'm using 2 pay sites and 2 free sites. Last month I found out that my whole Model Maniac Page 9 (about 13 MB total) disappeared from one free site, and I had to upload it again to a pay site.

As a fellow Webmaster, I encourage you to bring your Web site back at all costs. There are hosts that provide
50MB space for just $5- $6 a month. Cheers!

frank glackin
frank glackin

April 7th, 2003, 10:10 am #3

Hi

thanks to all the people who have contacted me via various means, to let me know that my web site Doc Dios seem to have disappeared into cyberspace. i feel it is only fair to let everyone know what has happened.

The Host for Doc Dios it seem had decided to upgrade there servers (didnt let me know ) and for some reason they deleated Doc Dios in the process. After contacting them various time i have had no real explenation as to why my web site was deleated, I have tried to reload Doc Dios back but also seem that they have also deleated my account. The account was free, so i have no real complaints other than they now want me to pay to Host Doc Dios, a cynic would say its strange to deleat it for no reason then expect you to pay after .

So at first i was just going to retire the web site, and may be concentrate on other things. I have not really had the time to run the site as i would really have wished.

After recieving the emails i did, it dawned on me there are still people who visit it regually and use the information held with in, so to this end i have found a new provider to host the web site and brought the domain name to make it a little bit easier to find.

I hope to have it back on line, tempory over the next couple of days whilst i try to rebuild it and give it a make over.

So to all my friends and the people who continue to use Doc Dios thanks for the encouragement, normal service will resume soon.

" Watch this Space"

cheers

keith Forsyth
Bring it back again Keith. Doc´s Dios is one of the best sites on the web for beginners and even those who want to get a few reminders. I believe this is one of my biggest influences when I started and certainly feel it helped me the most. I don´t know how many times since I have advised people to check out your articles on dio building or figure/vehicle painting that are well explained with excellent fotographs. The only sad thing is that you didnt have the time to keep adding to it. Still is a great reference point and I hope you get it up soon again!

Carlos Elias
Carlos Elias

April 7th, 2003, 9:00 pm #4

Hi

" Watch this Space"

cheers

keith Forsyth
hello Keith,
I cannot added more words that Phaisal and Frank, The loss of your site is a very bad news for a people that loves dioramas.
I hope that soon you can resolve these problems.

Hasta pronto amigo

Carlos

keith forsyth
keith forsyth

April 9th, 2003, 7:53 pm #5

Hi

" Watch this Space"

cheers

keith Forsyth
The orginal Doc Dios site is now avaliable to view again at

www.docdio.com

there is a small banner that pops up when you visit each page, this will be removed soon once the revamped Doc Dios is finished.

again thanks to all for patience

cheers

keith forsyth

Fritz Albrecht
Fritz Albrecht

April 11th, 2003, 3:52 am #6

Hi

" Watch this Space"

cheers

keith Forsyth
Hallo Keith,

I'm terribly sorry to hear about the complications. I am also one who visits your site quite often. When I first attempted Diorama building, everyone suggested your site, and also you guided me to it. It helped out a lot and now I am better at dio building thanks to your step-by-step dio building article. Again, sorry to hear about the site.

Cheers,
Fritz A.