Do you remember these:

The Axis WWII discussion group is hosted by Tom Cockle and is dedicated to Axis armour of the Second World War.

July 12th, 2012, 9:37 am #2

I was never tempted to get any of these due to the price and the awful detail. Around the mid 1990s David Parker ( if i'm not mistaken) did a review/ build for Military modelling which was one of the funniest modelling articles i'v ever read. You could literally imagine him going into meltdown. Tracks that didn't link, wheels that came in half that you had to sand and superglue.
What was Mr Verlinden thinking!

July 12th, 2012, 12:18 pm #3

I built some of the smaller kits and my friend Vince Padulla built a couple of the larger ones. They can look good finished but they are so poor in accuracy and detail. I always thought the Panzer III and Panther looked like they were scaled off the old, motorized, 70s Tamiya kits. The shapes are obviously off on everything, and the level of detail is about like an old Bandai or Aurora kit. Also the kits are made up of a bunch of big, flat, parts cast in open faced molds. You have to sand the back of everything down heavily. You get a token few crude photo etch parts but they are not really details that you would expect like tool clips and clasps etc.
DAVID NICKELS

July 12th, 2012, 1:26 pm #4

I was never tempted to get any of these due to the price and the awful detail. Around the mid 1990s David Parker ( if i'm not mistaken) did a review/ build for Military modelling which was one of the funniest modelling articles i'v ever read. You could literally imagine him going into meltdown. Tracks that didn't link, wheels that came in half that you had to sand and superglue.
I have that article ^^

Cheers

Ivano

July 12th, 2012, 2:55 pm #5

...Looks good in the box. Anyone want to buy it?

Owen

July 12th, 2012, 3:03 pm #6

The same article contained a piece by Hilary Doyle, who was similarly scathing as to its accuracy compared to the original.

From what I remember reading of it, scratchbuilding would have been a quicker option.

Rob
There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps

July 12th, 2012, 4:07 pm #7

...Looks good in the box. Anyone want to buy it?

Owen
Was awful... from what I recall from reviews at that time the kit was based on a Saumur Museum restoration made up from parts from assorted Panzer II types so its a hybrid.
DAVID NICKELS

July 12th, 2012, 5:51 pm #8

Hello guys.

And so then I wanted to build their models scratchbuilding StuG's in different versions of the scale 1/15. To this day I have this article as a souvenir
Hmm, Verlinden began as one of the first ...... Today you can laugh .......
Greetings to all - Andy

1:15 scale resin panzer..
http://bigtank120.blogspot.com/

July 12th, 2012, 9:41 pm #9

Anyone who wants these pieces of **** should really look at the Heng offerings. They accept lipstick and other make-up option quite well for less dinero!

Stephen J. Pringle