DML M4A3E2

Hosted by John Prigent and Steve Zaloga, this is a discussion group dedicated to the armoured forces of the many Allied nations of the Second World War.

DML M4A3E2

April 19th, 2012, 12:26 pm #1

I found this kit (#6665) among the new release info on the PMMS website.
Does anybody have any further info/photos etc. on this?
Christian

April 19th, 2012, 2:13 pm #2

They've posted that for what, over a year and that is as far as it's gotten. Why wait, just get the Tasca kit.

Jim Guld
Cheers
Jim Guld

April 19th, 2012, 2:23 pm #3

Christian

Nicely detailed and state of the Art. This was my 5th Tasca Shernan and I always would build it again. Just can't await the M32.....

April 19th, 2012, 6:30 pm #4

Christian

instead of the later one as in Tasca kit. Then we couyld do a CK without all the work. Looking at box top it looks like the later style though. Karl.

April 19th, 2012, 8:25 pm #5

are never happy! Hehehe.

April 19th, 2012, 9:37 pm #6

instead of the later one as in Tasca kit. Then we couyld do a CK without all the work. Looking at box top it looks like the later style though. Karl.
Karl,

As far as is known, Cobra King was built on a "late" M4A3 hull, with the narrower driver periscope splash guards and the beveled glacis top edge, and the Tasca kit features a vehicle built with an "early" M4A3 hull with the wider splash guards and the flat (horizontal) glacis top edge.

That said, it'll be interesting to see if DML's M4A3E2 - if it ever materializes - will feature an early or late hull. A late hull would give some people (those who want to build Cobra King) at least one reason to buy the DML kit instead of Tasca's.

Then again, you could also get the Tasca kit and order their late upper hull separately from them, which would probably not cost you a lot more than the DML kit.

Just my humble opinion.

Cheers!

Hervé "Charby" Charbonneau
Chicoutimi QC
Canada

You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity. (Bullet Tooth Tony)

April 20th, 2012, 7:32 am #7

4 Tasca Shermans and about 10 Dragon ones, and the Tasca is by far the better manufacturer IMHO.

April 20th, 2012, 1:08 pm #8

Karl,

As far as is known, Cobra King was built on a "late" M4A3 hull, with the narrower driver periscope splash guards and the beveled glacis top edge, and the Tasca kit features a vehicle built with an "early" M4A3 hull with the wider splash guards and the flat (horizontal) glacis top edge.

That said, it'll be interesting to see if DML's M4A3E2 - if it ever materializes - will feature an early or late hull. A late hull would give some people (those who want to build Cobra King) at least one reason to buy the DML kit instead of Tasca's.

Then again, you could also get the Tasca kit and order their late upper hull separately from them, which would probably not cost you a lot more than the DML kit.

Just my humble opinion.

Cheers!

Hervé "Charby" Charbonneau
Chicoutimi QC
Canada

You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity. (Bullet Tooth Tony)
Thanks for your comment/correction and you are probably correct as I am no expert on this or any issue. I thought with the open ventilator top between the driver co-driver it was concidered an earlier hull. Thanks for clearing that up.
Karl.

April 21st, 2012, 10:44 am #9

I concur with Karl - most of the early big-hatch M4A3 do not have the ventilator cover (as on the Dragon M4 105mm hull). Tasca's hulls both have the vent cover. Looking thru all three of the Steve Z Sherman books - 75mm or 76mm tanks with the narrow lift loops and flat beveled glacis plates (early) do not have the vent cover. CK is seen without the vent cover as well. Does anyone know when this vent cover was added via MWO?

April 21st, 2012, 11:28 am #10

A tank would've gone through the war as it was built.

KL