Dio Idea w/ Kingtiger... Need Input!!!

The Dioramas discussion group is hosted by Marijn Van Gils and is dedicated to all aspects of military model dioramas.

Dio Idea w/ Kingtiger... Need Input!!!

January 26th, 2005, 5:18 am #1

Hello all!

Couple ideas. I want to use a Tiger II w. Henschel turret. I have two original pictures in which I want to choose one to recreate in diorama form. The first is a picture of heavily armed, exhausted SS soldiers walking in colum alongside a Tiger II in the spring of 1945. They are all wearing dirty snow cammo overwhites, and are HEAVILY armed. MG42's, StG44's, the works. I don't know what to call it though...
The other, is a picture of an abondoned Tiger II in a ditch in Russia I beleive. With a Russian soldier with his arm stretched into the commanders hatch, looking like he's fishing around inside with only one arm in the turret. I'd like to call it, "Hand in the Cookie Jar." OR anything else if anyone has any other ideas. Mostly I'm most concerned with the first idea, because that seems to be the one I will recreate.

Thanks for every ones help!

Cheers,
Michael

James Guld
James Guld

January 26th, 2005, 5:37 am #2

How about "Where's the Fire"

Jim Guld

January 27th, 2005, 10:11 pm #3

Hello all!

Couple ideas. I want to use a Tiger II w. Henschel turret. I have two original pictures in which I want to choose one to recreate in diorama form. The first is a picture of heavily armed, exhausted SS soldiers walking in colum alongside a Tiger II in the spring of 1945. They are all wearing dirty snow cammo overwhites, and are HEAVILY armed. MG42's, StG44's, the works. I don't know what to call it though...
The other, is a picture of an abondoned Tiger II in a ditch in Russia I beleive. With a Russian soldier with his arm stretched into the commanders hatch, looking like he's fishing around inside with only one arm in the turret. I'd like to call it, "Hand in the Cookie Jar." OR anything else if anyone has any other ideas. Mostly I'm most concerned with the first idea, because that seems to be the one I will recreate.

Thanks for every ones help!

Cheers,
Michael
Why not model Tiger 332 being abandoned by Otto Blase and crew at Petit Spa, Belgium. If you want to model it according to the American story, it was abandoned after a Sherman fired a phosphorus shell at it, a very bad sign for any target, meaning that all artillery and airpower would be focused on that spot, so the obvious thing to do was abandon your vehicle since it was now doomed. The other view is that 332 was abandoned days before because of mechanical trouble. This may be true as well, but 332 would run and move when it was captured, although there is no proof that it would move forward under its own power. At any rate, Otto Blase disappeared after abandoning the 332, never to be seen again, except possibly, in Wisconsin in 1950 for a few months.

At any rate, this vehicle is on display at the Patton Museum.

Although the name Otto Blase translates into Gasoline Blister, it is not meant to be a nickname.