Dieppe Dingos Colours Question

Hosted by John Prigent and Steve Zaloga, this is a discussion group dedicated to the armoured forces of the many Allied nations of the Second World War.

Dieppe Dingos Colours Question

November 3rd, 2009, 12:10 am #1

Hi Guys,

I'm building this Dingo:

And it looks like it has a three tone scheme? I've not come across this before and I was wandering if anyone knows anything about what colours it would be. I could take a stab at British Bronze Green, SCC2 and perhaps black, but I'd rather hear from someone with difinitive knowledge

Thanks

Chris

November 3rd, 2009, 4:52 am #2

Chris

Here is a link to a discussion on this board a while back about Hunter.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47208/th ... t+Dingo+1B

Eric

November 3rd, 2009, 9:05 am #3

Sorry Eric,

I should have tried a search first.

Thanks for the link

Chris

November 3rd, 2009, 10:59 am #4

3 colour schemes were authorised in "certain circumstances" (which were not specified) by MTP 20, and I've seen a couple of shots of other Canadian vehicles using them...go for it! It'll make an unusual finish, and please share it with us on Constructive Comments.

DT

November 3rd, 2009, 12:35 pm #5

I have started this, but in the 'British and Commonwealth Group Build' Forum

Chris

November 3rd, 2009, 3:58 pm #6

Don't let the "experts" (who haven't shown up yet but probably will) talk you out of this one. It'll look neat. Now if only you could figure out how to include the unique sound of the surf on the chirt pebbles at Dieppe in your display. Aside from the overwhelming emotions of the place (Vimy Ridge and Beny sur Mere create the same effect), the thing I remember most about Dieppe is the sound of the waves.

Good Luck, Roy

November 4th, 2009, 11:03 am #7

Hi Guys,

I'm building this Dingo:

And it looks like it has a three tone scheme? I've not come across this before and I was wandering if anyone knows anything about what colours it would be. I could take a stab at British Bronze Green, SCC2 and perhaps black, but I'd rather hear from someone with difinitive knowledge

Thanks

Chris
I am going to have a stab at this one as I made a Matchbox kit of this vehicle years ago. I used SCC 2 and 1A based on a not too clear photograph, this photograph is far better. It will not be 'bronze green' since this was not a wartime basic colour, so with samples of the colours in front of me to compare tones, lightest is basic colour of SCC 2 brown then next is stripes of SCC 1A dark brown bordered by SCC 14 black.

November 4th, 2009, 4:30 pm #8

I appreciate the knowledgable advice

November 4th, 2009, 7:12 pm #9

I am going to have a stab at this one as I made a Matchbox kit of this vehicle years ago. I used SCC 2 and 1A based on a not too clear photograph, this photograph is far better. It will not be 'bronze green' since this was not a wartime basic colour, so with samples of the colours in front of me to compare tones, lightest is basic colour of SCC 2 brown then next is stripes of SCC 1A dark brown bordered by SCC 14 black.
Thanks Mike, I was rummaging about painting my Miniart Dingo as "Hunter" and your comment arrives just in time, that colour combination sounds logic and really atractive.

Javier de Luelmo - Diesel

http://dieselwerk.blogspot.com/

November 6th, 2009, 1:28 pm #10

Having run a comparision trial with my swatches and checked the ACIs, faded Khaki Green 3 as the lightest colour with Dark Tarmac followed by a black
may also be on 'Hunter'.