DFS-230 German glider?!

The Dioramas discussion group is hosted by Marijn Van Gils and is dedicated to all aspects of military model dioramas.

DFS-230 German glider?!

Janne Nilsson
Janne Nilsson

May 14th, 2002, 10:47 pm #1

Hi everybody!

This might be a little off topic but it feels like Ive been everywhere searching for this glider plane that were used at Eben-Emael. I intend to use it in a diorama.

Im looking for drawings of this plane to make an model in 1/35 scale. Ive bought the 1/72 kit from Huma to use it as a guide but I feel that Id be better off with a scale drawing. Please can anyone help me?

Heres a pic:

Found at:
www.1939-45.org/articles/ 500ss2.htm

Janne Nilsson
IPMS-Stockholm

Alessandro Jug
Alessandro Jug

May 17th, 2002, 6:20 pm #2

Hi Janne,
here is a link to a museum where you will find some interesting pictures of the glider.
http://www.modelltreff.de/gallerie/orig ... dfs230.htm
One of my projects will be to build the glider in a Crete diorama, but as you did I have the Huma model (without canopy) and some basic meansures.
Anyway I can't help you more than this, but if you find some reference think at me!
Alessandro

David Nickels
David Nickels

May 17th, 2002, 7:35 pm #3

Hi everybody!

This might be a little off topic but it feels like Ive been everywhere searching for this glider plane that were used at Eben-Emael. I intend to use it in a diorama.

Im looking for drawings of this plane to make an model in 1/35 scale. Ive bought the 1/72 kit from Huma to use it as a guide but I feel that Id be better off with a scale drawing. Please can anyone help me?

Heres a pic:

Found at:
www.1939-45.org/articles/ 500ss2.htm

Janne Nilsson
IPMS-Stockholm
I think Schmidt made one of these as a vacuform kit. Schmidt made mainly softskins and armor, but did some planes...

Janne Nilsson
Janne Nilsson

May 17th, 2002, 8:12 pm #4

Hi Janne,
here is a link to a museum where you will find some interesting pictures of the glider.
http://www.modelltreff.de/gallerie/orig ... dfs230.htm
One of my projects will be to build the glider in a Crete diorama, but as you did I have the Huma model (without canopy) and some basic meansures.
Anyway I can't help you more than this, but if you find some reference think at me!
Alessandro
Thanks for your tips regarding this glider.

Actually I had the link to the museum and to tip others, I can confirm that a quick Google search on DFS 230 or DFS-230 will come up with quite a few pictures as well as other related information.

Luckily Ive asked some die hard aircraft modellers at our local meeting here in Stockholm just the other day and I did get some response.

A friend scanned some sides out of a book with some history, data and a 3 view drawing. I have it as a PDF file. If your interested Alessando, just let me know and I will email you a copy.

Cheers
Janne Nilsson
IPMS-Stockholm

Alessandro Jug
Alessandro Jug

May 18th, 2002, 7:53 am #5

Hi Janne, I am very interested about the 3 view drawing, so I would be grateful if you will send them to me!
I am thinking wich material would be better to make the wings, wood maybe?
The museum in the link is near Munchen, about 600 Km away from me, so I think one day I will go there and make some photos and measures (it is a copy anyway).
Thank you in advance
Alessandro

Janne Nilsson
Janne Nilsson

May 21st, 2002, 8:14 am #6

n/t