Delete your own post?

Hosted by Al Bowie and Brett Green, the General AFV Modelling discussion group covers any general military modelling topic including industry news and announcements.

Delete your own post?

January 9th, 2018, 2:41 am #1

Especially on Private Sellers/Flea Market it would be very helpful if we could delete our own post once the item is sold. It would get rid of all the old posts that are no longer good. It might also help other sell their stuff.

January 9th, 2018, 7:03 am #2

Or why not just delete all the text and name leaving subject field empty or just put sold in the subject line . This would also make live subjects stand out and filter completed sales.

However that requires people to revisit and edit their posts which is unlikely. Although a few fo edit and post sold majority don't. A few don't even edit just post long threads sayings what's sold.

Andrew

January 9th, 2018, 6:31 pm #3

Especially on Private Sellers/Flea Market it would be very helpful if we could delete our own post once the item is sold. It would get rid of all the old posts that are no longer good. It might also help other sell their stuff.
Often times I'll see something I'd like, but don't have the opportunity to reply. The next day I'd look for the post and not see it. So then I wonder if it was on another site and I look there. The seller probably sold it and deleted the text. But if he changed it to sold, I'd see it and not look for it.
RobG

January 10th, 2018, 8:07 am #4

Hi Rob
That happens to me. I'm looking for something find it and can't find it later. I now do a screen shot on the phone or tablet
Then just go to the photo section to remind myself before looking up.

Seems elaborate until you realise Einstein didn't remember his own telephone number. He kept it in his address book to ' kept his mind free for important stuff' ( to paraphrase it)

Andrew