Day 1220 and I think she's finished

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Day 1220 and I think she's finished

August 10th, 2012, 9:06 pm #1

Three years, seven months and a few days now since I started building Trumpeter's 1:16 King Tiger.
A sustained push over the last couple of days brings me to a point where she's just about ready - I think!

Without doubt this has turned out to be the project of my life. Fortunately the requirement for constant updates in the magazine has helped me stick with it even when I would rather be building some of the exciting new releases that have come along since 2009.

I would like to thank everyone who has taken an interest in this too - the enthusiasm and encouragement of all of you has helped keep me on track and If you can spot anything I have missed which is entirely possible please pipe up. (There are a few minor repair to the interior still to be made) I am confindent that she's as accurate as she can be and if you need your King Tiger servicing - I'm your man

regards David
AFV Modeller Magazine

The story here:
http://public.fotki.com/afvmodeller/116 ... r-project/

August 10th, 2012, 9:14 pm #2

I love the attention to detail

August 10th, 2012, 9:29 pm #3

Three years, seven months and a few days now since I started building Trumpeter's 1:16 King Tiger.
A sustained push over the last couple of days brings me to a point where she's just about ready - I think!

Without doubt this has turned out to be the project of my life. Fortunately the requirement for constant updates in the magazine has helped me stick with it even when I would rather be building some of the exciting new releases that have come along since 2009.

I would like to thank everyone who has taken an interest in this too - the enthusiasm and encouragement of all of you has helped keep me on track and If you can spot anything I have missed which is entirely possible please pipe up. (There are a few minor repair to the interior still to be made) I am confindent that she's as accurate as she can be and if you need your King Tiger servicing - I'm your man

regards David
AFV Modeller Magazine

The story here:

model. You have finished a truly unique model here. Exceptional quality and accuracy.

Be proud. Be very, very proud.

All the best,

Jan

August 10th, 2012, 9:37 pm #4

regards David
AFV Modeller Magazine

The story here:

Hi David,

let me congratulate! This is really an beautiful model! The details are just awesome! The weathering is very well done too, not overdone, just the way I like it
I would love to hear how you have painted the wooden parts of the tools and how you have achieved the great rusty exhaust.

Hats off! Awesome Tiger II!

Regards,

Notger

August 10th, 2012, 9:47 pm #5

regards David
AFV Modeller Magazine

The story here:

Just kidding
That is superb David. Many congratulations on completing auch a mammoth project.

Regards
Andy K

--------------------------------------------
http://andykingsmodelblog.blogspot.co.uk/

August 10th, 2012, 9:47 pm #6

regards David
AFV Modeller Magazine

The story here:

Paul

[url]http://paulbudzik.com/current-projects/ ... ratch.html[/url]

August 10th, 2012, 9:59 pm #7

regards David
AFV Modeller Magazine

The story here:

A true masterpiece!

Are you going to do one with a 'Porsche' turret now?

August 10th, 2012, 10:16 pm #8

regards David
AFV Modeller Magazine

The story here:

truly a momentous achievement! congrats!

August 10th, 2012, 10:17 pm #9

regards David
AFV Modeller Magazine

The story here:

Hi Dave

I can't believe it's all over (I'm sure you can't either!) This really is one of those rare stand-out pieces, a stunning bit of work in all aspects. I just can't imagine any other Tiger II model being as close to real as this.

There'll be a bit of a gaping hole in your modelling life to fill now!

Alex

mld

August 10th, 2012, 10:50 pm #10

regards David
AFV Modeller Magazine

The story here:

Have you given any thought to publishing all the articles in a stand-alone volume?
Even though I have all the issues, I'd buy one.

Dare I ask, what's next?

Mike