Cyber-Hobby special announcent

The Axis WWII discussion group is hosted by Tom Cockle and is dedicated to Axis armour of the Second World War.

Cyber-Hobby special announcent

May 24th, 2012, 8:34 pm #1

I've just seen this at the cyber-hobby site:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Special Announcement: Dynamic New Item to be Released!

Most hobbyists know that all Cyber-Hobby White Box releases up till now have been variations of original Dragon Models kits. But now, Cyber-Hobby is pleased to announce our first completely brand new tooled White Box item that is sure to raise some eyebrows!
For this long awaited WW2 German topic item, Cyber-Hobby reunited the Dream Team of Mr. Igarashi and Mr. Takada to work on this project. And to ensure the highest quality possible, we extended our development time to make sure everything is accurate and detailed enough to be called a Dragon kit!

Rumor has it, after seeing the test shot build-up, a member of Dragons R&D team sighed, Too bad it cant be a Dragon Kit!.

This exciting product is ONLY available through Cyber-Hobby White Box Dealers!

Further details with be announced next week.STAY TUNED!"

Copyright ©2010 cyber-hobby.com

------------------------------------------------------------------

Any ideas, guesses or hopes of what this "brand new tooled" WW2 German kit might be?

Last edited by vanhall on May 24th, 2012, 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 24th, 2012, 9:04 pm #2

Special Announcement: Dynamic New Item to be Released!
www.cyber-hobby.com/.../CH_Notice_20101115.... - Traduire cette page
15 Nov 2010 For this long awaited WW2 German topic item, Cyber-Hobby reunited the Dream Team of Mr. Igarashi and Mr. Takada to work on this project.

dated from 11 15 2010, wasn'it about the Opel Blitz ?

May 24th, 2012, 9:35 pm #3

Most hobbyists know that all Cyber-Hobby White Box releases up till now have been variations of original Dragon Models kits. But now, Cyber-Hobby is pleased to announce our first completely brand new tooled White Box item that is sure to raise some eyebrows!
For this long awaited WW2 German topic item, Cyber-Hobby reunited the Dream Team of Mr. Igarashi and Mr. Takada to work on this project. And to ensure the highest quality possible, we extended our development time to make sure everything is accurate and detailed enough to be called a Dragon kit!

Rumor has it, after seeing the test shot build-up, a member of Dragons R&D team sighed, Too bad it cant be a Dragon Kit!.

Any ideas, guesses or hopes of what this "brand new tooled" WW2 German kit might be?
this message is for 2 years ago.. hahhhaha.

cheers.

May 24th, 2012, 10:24 pm #4

The DML web-site that I have book-marked, has, for some strange reason, reverted back in time. I first suspected this when Armorama announced a "new" fix to DML's DS100 soft styrene Sherman tracks. This was a very old announcement. I emailed Armorama and told them so, but got no response.

Most recently, when I check the BOOK-MARKED site, it showed the Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.H as a new release. This is old news. So what to do?

Simple answer: go to Dragon's NEW web-site. Go to ML's "Links" page and when it takes you to Tony Matteliano's (still GREAT) index site, go to the "D" section of manufacturers. Find the Dragon Models title. Click it and check out the new look.

Or, sit back and abuse DML...for some it seems to be an on-going past time...er, hobby. Personally, I blame DML for everything from sun-spots, to hurricanes, to world hunger, to war, to old age, and my sometimes over-active bladder. But that's just me.

And heaven forbid DML should keep releasing kits (at an astonishing rate, I might add), which do not fit a particular individual's idea of what should come next from them. DML is killin' the hobby! Right?!

Insert smiley face here.

Frank (who works for Concord, a DML subsidiary)

May 24th, 2012, 11:09 pm #5

Oops! Sorry about that one, my mistake.
It is on the 'front' page of cyber-hobby's shop site and with no date attached.

May 24th, 2012, 11:44 pm #6

have been White Box exclusive so that tells us that the Opel Maultier that we saw earlier is probably either a Dragon release or a Cyber Hobby Green box unless that is the "Dynamic" new kit he is referring to.

Roy
Last edited by schlichtr on May 24th, 2012, 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 25th, 2012, 9:29 pm #7

http://www.dragonmodelsusa.com/dmlusa/p ... id=DRA6761

And it's better because in Belgium it will be easier to get and cheaper than CH white boxes

Daniel