Custom Dios want to know what you want for 2002 !

The Dioramas discussion group is hosted by Marijn Van Gils and is dedicated to all aspects of military model dioramas.

Custom Dios want to know what you want for 2002 !

Chris " Panzer " Mrosko
Chris " Panzer " Mrosko

December 14th, 2001, 11:14 am #1

Yes we want to know what you want to see for 2002,Dio gear,Buildings,vignettes ect.Post here or e-mail the VLS Corp. Thanks Mrosko

Steven Brown
Steven Brown

December 14th, 2001, 1:27 pm #2

Hi Chris,

Since I spend most of my time doing figures, I'd love to see a variety of small building facades, facades that are no wider than 3 or 4 inches and no higher than 6 to 8 inches. They'd be great for small, multi-figure vignettes such as you "Defenders of the Reich." Most of the buildings on the market right now are far to large for these smaller compositions.

Also, I'd love to see a variety of rubble and debris that includes more than just bricks and stone fragments. Maybe packs of bent and twisted steel, household items, etc.

Thanks again,
Steven

Kip Rudge
Kip Rudge

December 14th, 2001, 2:09 pm #3

Yes we want to know what you want to see for 2002,Dio gear,Buildings,vignettes ect.Post here or e-mail the VLS Corp. Thanks Mrosko
This is gonna sound weird... but that never stopped me before. While I really like the large cobblestone street sections CD makes, looking at photos of Europe and Russia these road and streets are never flat. All are constructed with a drainage grade or have been worn over time. The Tamiya paper sheets are kind of nice but I'd like the look and feel of resin with a measure of flexibility so i can simulate those really worn road looks...especially in cobblestone. Also be nice to have a strip of guttering that could be added. Some roads had the gutter in the middle, others on the the edge and still others have one in the middle of each travel lane. This could be used in both urban and rural scenes. Just my two cents worth.

Johan Augustsson
Johan Augustsson

December 14th, 2001, 2:16 pm #4

Bridges in any size, any represented material (wood, iron or stone). Factory interiors and machines, BIG one. I'd really like to build a Stalingrad tractor factory dio ("Enemy at the gates")
/Johan

JK Benson
JK Benson

December 14th, 2001, 2:24 pm #5

Not every building in WW II was bombed out. I would like to see more buildings that are intact. Also, things like tiled roofs, ect for buildings. This might be a response that overlaps into the question on figures and kits, but more civilians and more civilian related accessories such as carts, brooms, and maybe even civilian cars. Again, thanks for asking.

Brian Stanley
Brian Stanley

December 14th, 2001, 4:59 pm #6

Chris,

I like the idea of any type of bridges we can get. Stone, Iron, Wood, etc would be greatly appreciated. My personal request would be the one end of the Arnhem Bridge that Lt. Frost held and fought for. Lots of nice German Recce vehicles out there to use. Just a thought.

Brian.

Brian Whitworth
Brian Whitworth

December 14th, 2001, 6:08 pm #7

1.) USMC 1941-1945 combat poses, camo suits, flamethrowers, etc.

2.) US ETO infantry resin casualties/or stretcher team

Tim Streeter
Tim Streeter

December 14th, 2001, 8:36 pm #8

It would be nice to have accessory architectural ornamentation that we can use to dress up kits -- filials, sconces, railings, bas reliefs, etc.

US cook sets! The Germans were not the only ones fed on the front lines.

More US haversacks and musette bags. Make several differentiated ones of each type so the backs of our soldiers don't look identical.

More "modern downtown city" buildings from 1930s and 1940s. Not all buildings were erected in the 1880s. There's an interesting photo in one of Zaloga's books, I believe, of a stylish art deco Woolworth's in Berlin.

More tables and chairs. Rocking chair would be nice. Old radio sets and Victrola consoles (release the portable Victrola that comes with the refugee set). Refrigerators. Books and bookcases. LAMPS!!! NO ONE MAKES LAMPS, only Royal makes a chandelier IIRC.

Subway entrances. News stands. Sidewalk tiles we can mix and match and lay down ourselves (rather than one long section). Garbage cans. How about something along the lines of VP's old "Park Elements" set, with brick walls and grilles that can be lenghtened by buying additional sets.

How about a garage accessory set, like the store interior set you recently released? Include the gas pump, tools, oil cans, signage, soda machine (did they have these in Europe ca. 1940s?). Hotel and lobby furnishings (rerelease CD's old hotel facade). Government building with desks and cabinets.

Ammo sets for US artillery.

How about some buildings in 1/72 scale?

Also, please see my comment on the Figures page re CD's figure cannibalization.

Thanks for asking!

Tim
t*k*b*e@msn.com

Shane MacKay
Shane MacKay

December 14th, 2001, 8:47 pm #9

Hi all
I'd like to see buildings you would see duing the Veitnam war. Such as the French and Dutch colonial period type buildings, and maybe some middle eastern building considering whats going on right now.
Lets face it not all of us european theatre WW2.
That would be Great.
Seeya Shane
PS_MacKay@yahoo.com

a.j wooltorton
a.j wooltorton

December 15th, 2001, 1:44 am #10

i to like the idea of intact buildings and stone arch bridges, but i would also like to see a set of british tank crew ww2 at rest maybe brewing up tea. thanks andy