Crusader Mk.III - finished

May 20th, 2012, 11:12 am #1

I'd like to show Crusader Mk.III model which I've recently finish. This is the vehicle from 1st Polish Armored Division which was used during training in Scotland in '43. It is based on the picture I've attached below. Any comments more than welcome.
Right now I'm working on the Rotatrailer which will be towed by this Crusader. I had the opportunity to take measurements and pictures of original one, while visiting Bovington Tank Museum.

Picture of original /from book "Od Acromy do Zwyciezcy"/:

My interpretation:

Best regards

Dominik

Snap!

May 20th, 2012, 1:52 pm #2

Hi Dominik,
You beat me to it. Mine is almost the same, just a different user (CIABG).
I like it. Makes a change to see a Crusader in something other than desert finnish or green.

Regards,

John.

It's a different look really....

May 20th, 2012, 2:48 pm #3

I'd like to show Crusader Mk.III model which I've recently finish. This is the vehicle from 1st Polish Armored Division which was used during training in Scotland in '43. It is based on the picture I've attached below. Any comments more than welcome.
Right now I'm working on the Rotatrailer which will be towed by this Crusader. I had the opportunity to take measurements and pictures of original one, while visiting Bovington Tank Museum.

My interpretation:

Best regards

Dominik
Dominink,

I am with John, A browny Crusader really looks different to what we get used to indeed and SCC2 looks like a good base color for weathering too. By the way, I surely would add bit more of contrast by dirt, but that is a matter of tastes logically.

Good work amigo.

Lu

http://www.onefortyeight.com

What a beautiful job.

May 21st, 2012, 4:38 pm #4

My interpretation:

Best regards

Dominik
What a beautiful job you have made of this Crusader and a very good representation of SCC 2 on it. Well done.

Excellent! nt

May 22nd, 2012, 6:19 am #5

My interpretation:

Best regards

Dominik

I think its perfect!

May 26th, 2012, 12:10 pm #6

My interpretation:

Best regards

Dominik
Lovely finish and restrained weathering, actually looks a bit dirtier than the photo of the real thing but splendid control all the same.

Nice work.

Thanks!

May 28th, 2012, 1:08 pm #7

My interpretation:

Best regards

Dominik
Many thanks for your kind words!

Best regards.

Dominik

Last edited by dtrad on May 28th, 2012, 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.