Cromwell with Rubber Zimmerit

The first topic for Missing-Lynx new Group Build Forum is British and Commonwealth Vehicles of WWII, hosted by Nick Cortese. This topic will run until February 2010, so you will have plenty of time to finish your Allied vehicles.

Cromwell with Rubber Zimmerit

October 17th, 2009, 9:52 pm #1

Well I think I'll put a fork in this one and call it done. I do still need to to glue the tank down and make a name plate. Thanks for looking and all comments welcome.

Cheers
Jim Guld

October 19th, 2009, 2:27 pm #2

Hi James, Wonderful finish on this one!!The rain streaking is great. Nice job on the figs and com gear. What color are you using for the tanker's uniform tops? Randy

October 19th, 2009, 3:32 pm #3

Well I think I'll put a fork in this one and call it done. I do still need to to glue the tank down and make a name plate. Thanks for looking and all comments welcome.

This looks great James, the streaking is very good and I like the effect where some of the rubber 'zimmerit' has come off

Chris

October 19th, 2009, 8:07 pm #4

James, you did a good job on this special vehicle with some nice effect. Also, I want to know what is the base colour for the tankers uniform ?

cheers Erik

October 19th, 2009, 9:26 pm #5

Hi James, Wonderful finish on this one!!The rain streaking is great. Nice job on the figs and com gear. What color are you using for the tanker's uniform tops? Randy
Thanks for the comments guys.
It's not a stock color. I re-mix a lot of my colors. I believe the base color I started with was Model Masters Acrylic US Army/Marines Gulf Armor with just a bit of white and maybe a touch of yellow to lighten it but not dull it out.

Jim Guld
Cheers
Jim Guld

October 22nd, 2009, 12:40 am #6

Jim, Thanks for the info , Randy

October 24th, 2009, 4:30 pm #7

Especially on the finer details ! Just add a dark colour to the turret mortar hole exit, that's all.

Cheers
Andrew