Cromwell order finally delivered

Hosted by Al Bowie and Brett Green, the General AFV Modelling discussion group covers any general military modelling topic including industry news and announcements.

Cromwell order finally delivered

May 5th, 2012, 5:49 pm #1

After posting numerous times on various ML forums about my Mastiff order dating back to Euro 2009, I am relieved to let you know, that I finally received the kit.

regards

Stefan

May 5th, 2012, 6:14 pm #2

My recent experience was of an unsuccesful transaction with no direct response to messages and when Gordon did contact me his stated intentions to send kits did not follow. I had initiated the Paypal grievance procedures and in the end I gave up and let it go on to a claim. I love his kits and want to deal with him but remain a frustrated and disappointed buyer

May 5th, 2012, 9:52 pm #3

After posting numerous times on various ML forums about my Mastiff order dating back to Euro 2009, I am relieved to let you know, that I finally received the kit.

regards

Stefan
That didnt take too long did it?

Am happy you finally got what you wanted.

Jon

May 6th, 2012, 4:09 am #4

regards

Stefan
Glad to hear you got your order, if only after almost 1600 days. Any explanation in the parcel at all? "What did we learn?" ^_^

*Gee, wonder how long it would've taken if you DIDN'T post on ML?

Oh well, all my best! LOL
Last edited by MichaelMarles on May 6th, 2012, 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 6th, 2012, 8:01 am #5

My recent experience was of an unsuccesful transaction with no direct response to messages and when Gordon did contact me his stated intentions to send kits did not follow. I had initiated the Paypal grievance procedures and in the end I gave up and let it go on to a claim. I love his kits and want to deal with him but remain a frustrated and disappointed buyer
Bill, l feel your frustration. At least with Paypal you have a very good and trouble free way to get your money back. It worked for me with several dodgy eBay sellers.

My message is not ment to suggest, that all is well again in Glasgow just because my parcel arrived. However after posting many times over the last 2.5 years about my outstanding order, I think it is only fair to go public also when it finally showed up.

Regards

Stefan

May 6th, 2012, 8:19 am #6

Glad to hear you got your order, if only after almost 1600 days. Any explanation in the parcel at all? "What did we learn?" ^_^

*Gee, wonder how long it would've taken if you DIDN'T post on ML?

Oh well, all my best! LOL
Julian, that is a very good question. My advice to anybody with an outstanding order is to keep it on the radar. Without my post a month ago, promising public feedback after Gordon's delivery notification, I would still wait...

Regards

Stefan

May 6th, 2012, 9:24 am #7

regards

Stefan
There are issues still with Cromwell but at least you've received your order and been decent enough to tell everybody. A bit more positive feedback may help things go more smoothly for others.

Pity about the same doomsayers who keep knocking everything back.

Don't know about you but I was rather surprised by the size of the Beast....

Enjoy the build

May 7th, 2012, 12:34 am #8

It took Stefan "TWO AND A HALF YEARS" to get his money's worth out of this shady business and only then because he made noise about it. I had a friend who died while waiting for his order to arrive from Cromwell Models. Is that what you mean by "doomsayers"? Ridiculous...

May 7th, 2012, 11:11 am #9

Perhaps that terminology is unfortunate but it does beg the question, at what stage do the likes of Julian Marles etc accept that Cromwell models is on the road to recovery? The fact is they never will and this constant carping is merely denying modellers the opportunity to buy some of the best kits on the market. If you dont want to deal with Cromwell direct then go to Milan Vins. In the last few weeks alone several outstanding orders have been dealt with and the process will continue untill none are left, but how will Julian and Roy know that? they wont so they will carry on complaining.

May 7th, 2012, 11:29 am #10

Dave,

I agree wholeheartedly. Yes, he's had problems, but yes, he is honestly trying to fix things, and has been for a while now.

Cheers,

Olaf