Cromwell Models

Hosted by Al Bowie and Brett Green, the General AFV Modelling discussion group covers any general military modelling topic including industry news and announcements.

Cromwell Models

May 24th, 2012, 12:47 pm #1

I hesitated before posting because previous threads have tended to move away from the original intention and become, firstly, an opportunity to have a pop at Gordon and,after that, at one another.

Like many others I believe these forums are invaluable in providing information about suppliers and their products. The abilty to have current information will always better inform our decisions about a potential purchase. However, if those who have had good experiences keep quiet then the pool of information is rendered significantly less useful. So I am diving in at the deep end to share my own experience.

I can happily say that I have in the last couple of weeks had excellent service from Gordon- he fulfilled my order as requested and even resurrected one of his models which is no longer shown on his listings for me. I am, therefore, very content and would order again. This was my fourth order over the last couple of years - all of which went according to plan

Now I know that there will be others who would wish to share a view, supportive or to the contrary. Please folks - keep it simple - happy or not happy and whether current or historic. At least then a pool of current and accurate knowledge
can be built. Hopefully our moderators will be ok with this suggestion and, if the thread gets out of hand, kill it off.

May 24th, 2012, 1:39 pm #2

In the past Gordon offered different level of service to UK based customers from that experienced by foreign ones...

Pawel

NOTE: Insert .k between my name and @ in my email address!!!

May 24th, 2012, 1:50 pm #3

Other useful (perhaps) context is that all my orders were for 1/76 and 1/72 models

May 25th, 2012, 12:46 pm #4

Being you live in the UK and if Gordon attempted to "shaft you" then a punch in the mouth would be in order. We can not do that if we live in the USA.
Ken

May 25th, 2012, 5:52 pm #5

I hesitated before posting because previous threads have tended to move away from the original intention and become, firstly, an opportunity to have a pop at Gordon and,after that, at one another.

Like many others I believe these forums are invaluable in providing information about suppliers and their products. The abilty to have current information will always better inform our decisions about a potential purchase. However, if those who have had good experiences keep quiet then the pool of information is rendered significantly less useful. So I am diving in at the deep end to share my own experience.

I can happily say that I have in the last couple of weeks had excellent service from Gordon- he fulfilled my order as requested and even resurrected one of his models which is no longer shown on his listings for me. I am, therefore, very content and would order again. This was my fourth order over the last couple of years - all of which went according to plan

Now I know that there will be others who would wish to share a view, supportive or to the contrary. Please folks - keep it simple - happy or not happy and whether current or historic. At least then a pool of current and accurate knowledge
can be built. Hopefully our moderators will be ok with this suggestion and, if the thread gets out of hand, kill it off.
Fuel costs would make that unviable, if you in the south like me, and hes all the way up in Scotland.Its seems econimically undoable for a single kit.If you had like Ray Blythe did, 100's of £ worth of kits then yeah, fair enough.

Can I ask how you actually bought the kits from him, was it all done by email, or was it at a show, or over the phone etc?

I know this ain't likely to happen, but if he used Paypal...oh wait, that leaves an actaul means of proof he has the money/order.

Jon

May 25th, 2012, 6:37 pm #6

My orders were all submitted by Email - first 2 by giving my card details and the more recent 2 by Paypal (Gordon does take payment by Paypal).
I know that some have an aversion to Paypal but it works for me, quick and easy to send a payment and there is a degree of protection if things do go pear shaped.
Last edited by BillBlackett on May 25th, 2012, 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 25th, 2012, 7:44 pm #7

Never knew that, I can only apologise for my ignorance.
It annoyed me that he didnt take Paypal when I tried to order from him.As it was a case of email nos, and then phone through the expiry date and security code.Very archaic way to do things in my opinion.I was lucky enough to get my card cancelled before anything got charged .I think the excuse at the time for me was, coldest Christmas we have ever had, pipes froze and he wasnt able to cast my CR2 conversion and the WRAP 2 kits I ordered.

I am interested to know, if anyone thats paid with paypal recently, are happy with the service...ie got their kits they paid for.Apart from just you Bill.
As 1 person saying ooh I got some kits ain't going to make up for all those people that are still not happy.
But am glad you got your orders OK.

Jon

May 26th, 2012, 4:04 am #8

Keep in mind the short window of paypal - nowhere near enough to allow for a Cromwell delivery. 45 days I believe?

May 26th, 2012, 6:50 am #9

Hi julian, yes paypal does have a short window as you rightly say and given the nature of the business, ie if twenty orders are in front of yours then as these are cast to order, then by default you will be the twenty first done you will inevitably face a delay. This isnt a stalling method by Gordon, he just doesnt have the capacity to hold large stocks of ready made kits that he can pull off the shelf as some other resin manufacturers do. As for postage to say the USA, i very recently sent a package airmail to a guy and it left Britain the day after, it took almost two weeks on its journey from then on! For guys who still want Cromwells stuff, Milan Vins is now handling his stuff but be aware that you will still face a delay as he then may have to order from Gordon if he hasnt got it in stock.Its good to see folk at last posting positively that they are getting kits and the intention is for this to continue untill everyone feels that they can at last buy with confidence. It will take a little time yet and anyone who still has an outstanding issue will be dealt with.

May 26th, 2012, 8:00 am #10

... but who is Milan Vins and how do I get in contact with him? Never heard of this gentleman.
Could you please let me know?
Thanks
Jürgen