Cromwell, Gordon Brown and all that - as detailed below

Hosted by Al Bowie and Brett Green, the General AFV Modelling discussion group covers any general military modelling topic including industry news and announcements.

Cromwell, Gordon Brown and all that - as detailed below

February 5th, 2012, 10:10 am #1

this is a serious matter with large numbers of modellers financially worse off after their dealings with Mr Brown.

A man can't have too much info' on the Spanish Civil War, the Sino-Japanese War or armoured trains (apologies to DC)

Edited by Moderator
Last edited by Al Bowie on February 6th, 2012, 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 5th, 2012, 11:39 am #2

"Removed and edited by Moderator"

On a more serious note I sincerely hope all those owed money get either their goods or a refund.

I've had a similar experience in a domestic situation at home, with having the house re-carpeted, but it didn't turn out well. Only half the house done, the remainder of my carpet strangely "disappeared" from the warehouse and was £1,300 out of pocket added to which I had to pay another company to carpet the rest.

The guy carried all the hallmarks we have seen brought up in the various threads about Gordon Brown, so all the people out of pocket have my complete sympathy.
Last edited by Al Bowie on February 6th, 2012, 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 5th, 2012, 8:09 pm #3

this is a serious matter with large numbers of modellers financially worse off after their dealings with Mr Brown.

A man can't have too much info' on the Spanish Civil War, the Sino-Japanese War or armoured trains (apologies to DC)

Edited by Moderator
At work we have a similar situation but we say "He went gordo on me", ie: he's off the radar, not responding to calls, etc. The web can be wonderful for alerting others to this problem....so anytime a "newby" googles Cromwell, the most popular results will come up as complaints.

"Removed by Moderator"
Last edited by Al Bowie on February 6th, 2012, 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 5th, 2012, 10:00 pm #4

Edited by Moderator
It is very, very important that anyone considering parting with her or his income be fully aware of the strong possibility that an attempted purchase from Cromwell Models is extremely likely to turn into yet another donation to the "Gordon Brown Holiday Fund" as I described my last effort to purchase from Cromwell Models.
It is also important to remind any who do manage to make successful transactions with Mr. Brown that they are financing and supporting a very questionable enterprise that habitually mistreats the majority of it's customers. Well done Missing Lynx!!!

Roy

February 5th, 2012, 11:20 pm #5

Edited by Moderator
The lifting of the ban of Cromwell Modells related posts in general appears to have been a good thing with a chance to warn potential customers of Cromwell of the potential Pitfalls. I understand this can be an emotive issue and some lattude is required as it is a fine line between abuse and the facts in this debate but ask no to see this as open season to attack the proprietor of Cromwell Models.
It is in the interests of the Modelling and forum community to continue to allow posts regarding Cromwell Models until the situation is resolved.
Unfortunately some see this is a chance to abuse others and muck rake. Please keep the personal attacks out of this and stick to the facts. Good constructive complaint is always a far more successful way to achieve a positive outcome

Rather than wipe the thread I have edited out the potentially inflammatory, political or abusive remarks. If you feel strongly about this editing please contact me offline.

Al Bowie
Genaral Forum Missing Lynx
Last edited by Al Bowie on February 6th, 2012, 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 6th, 2012, 4:40 am #6

Edited by Moderator
Makes for very interesting reading :

http://www.militarymodelling.com/forums ... p?th=64638

How many of us can be wrong,or liars?....just mind boggling.

Ray Blythe.

February 6th, 2012, 5:49 am #7

The lifting of the ban of Cromwell Modells related posts in general appears to have been a good thing with a chance to warn potential customers of Cromwell of the potential Pitfalls. I understand this can be an emotive issue and some lattude is required as it is a fine line between abuse and the facts in this debate but ask no to see this as open season to attack the proprietor of Cromwell Models.
It is in the interests of the Modelling and forum community to continue to allow posts regarding Cromwell Models until the situation is resolved.
Unfortunately some see this is a chance to abuse others and muck rake. Please keep the personal attacks out of this and stick to the facts. Good constructive complaint is always a far more successful way to achieve a positive outcome

Rather than wipe the thread I have edited out the potentially inflammatory, political or abusive remarks. If you feel strongly about this editing please contact me offline.

Al Bowie
Genaral Forum Missing Lynx
As one who bitches loudly about the editing here, I especially appreciate not only the loosening up but also the extra effort required to cherry pick inside of posts and not just nuke the threads.
Good job.
Last edited by K.Ingraham on February 6th, 2012, 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 6th, 2012, 6:05 am #8

Edited by Moderator
..just wanted to apologize if anything I said was off colour.....can't actually remember what I put, maybe that's a good thing! I guess I am really getting old, I've been reading Cromwell complaints since the 80's and a reader on another forum recognized my "Cockney Rejects" reference...hoo boy!