Could somebody fix these forums?

Hosted by Al Bowie and Brett Green, the General AFV Modelling discussion group covers any general military modelling topic including industry news and announcements.

Could somebody fix these forums?

December 7th, 2017, 9:08 am #1

Am I the only person experiencing this?

1. Log in and start writing a reply to a post
2. Leave the page open while writing the reply, for maybe 10 minutes
3. Submit your reply
4. The website asks you to log in again
5. Log in again. Or don't log in. It makes no difference. Your reply has disappeared and you can't find it by going "back"

Last edited by DavidByrden on December 7th, 2017, 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 7th, 2017, 10:27 am #2

This issue has been brought up on HS too.

IIRC some said there's a time limit by N54 on how long the reply posting window is open. If it is n54 then it can't be fixed.

Someone suggested if a long technical reply Then write it in an email/ word doc then copy and past the text to ML. It saves the pain of your reply going awol.

Regards
Andrew
Last edited by deeley on December 7th, 2017, 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 7th, 2017, 3:33 pm #3

3. Submit your reply
5. Log in again. Or don't log in. It makes no difference. Your reply has disappeared and you can't find it by going "back"
Then if it vanishes, it's still on your clipboard.
RobG

December 7th, 2017, 4:21 pm #4

This issue has been brought up on HS too.

IIRC some said there's a time limit by N54 on how long the reply posting window is open. If it is n54 then it can't be fixed.

Someone suggested if a long technical reply Then write it in an email/ word doc then copy and past the text to ML. It saves the pain of your reply going awol.

Regards
Andrew
Information not shared is information lost.

December 7th, 2017, 8:50 pm #5

3. Submit your reply
This is an issue out of the Forum owners hands and is the sole remit of N54. As suggested it can be a frustrating experience and like suggested elsewhere in the thread I find it easier to write any long replies in Word, Notepad etc then cut and paste them into the post to prevent the frustration of losing all that work. It has the benefit of leaving me a record as well. I found this particularly useful on a certain manufacturers forum where they censored or manipulated your posts.

Al