Confirmation on DAK Panzer 111....

The Axis WWII discussion group is hosted by Tom Cockle and is dedicated to Axis armour of the Second World War.

Confirmation on DAK Panzer 111....

August 19th, 2012, 11:06 pm #1

Saw a nice color illustration of panzer 111 F from 2 Kompanie,1 Abteilung/Panzer Regiment 5,5.leichte-Division Libya 1941. I have seen pictures of some panzer 111 E's in Africa, but they all seem to be Panzerbefehlswagens. This particular color illustration of the Panzer 111 F, is the standard fighting vehicle.Can anyone confirm that standard 111 F's where indeed in North Africa at his time. And Dragon, when when when are you going to release a new Panzerbefehlswagen E,F, or G ?

August 20th, 2012, 3:38 am #2

Tom,

It depends. When you say 'standard fighting vehicle' do you mean with the 3.7cm gun? The only Panzer III Ausf.F in North Africa were ones that had been upgraded with a 5cm gun. Also, no standard Panzer III Ausf.E were used in North Africa.

As for the Panzerbefehlswagen III, there were really only two types produced originally, the Ausf.E and Ausf.H. Later Panzerbefehlswagen III were converted on regular gun tank chassis.

They are on DML's list of things to do, just when I can't say.

Regards,

Tom

Tom Cockle

August 20th, 2012, 7:34 am #3

Tom
"They are on DML's list of things to do... "

nice to hear that. The Pz.Kpfw.III from DML are great - the list are growing and growing. In the future perhaps we get the former variants Ausf D ....
but at first we will build the actually releases.

regards

Roland

August 20th, 2012, 2:22 pm #4

Tom,

It depends. When you say 'standard fighting vehicle' do you mean with the 3.7cm gun? The only Panzer III Ausf.F in North Africa were ones that had been upgraded with a 5cm gun. Also, no standard Panzer III Ausf.E were used in North Africa.

As for the Panzerbefehlswagen III, there were really only two types produced originally, the Ausf.E and Ausf.H. Later Panzerbefehlswagen III were converted on regular gun tank chassis.

They are on DML's list of things to do, just when I can't say.

Regards,

Tom
N/T