Como contactar Aurelio Gimeno (Valencia)?

El foro de discusión en lengua española está moderado por Miguel Jiménez Mig y cubre todos los aspectos del modelismo militar desde figuras, dioramas hasta vehículos.

Como contactar Aurelio Gimeno (Valencia)?

Lorenzo Tonioli
Lorenzo Tonioli

July 4th, 2003, 10:05 am #1

I saw his article in Fine Scale Modeler concerning the upgrading of the Matador Models Albion refueller, he made an excellent trabajo with the scratch-building and painting.
The Spanish School strikes again!
Aurelio, if you read this, please contact me as I need to know more about your kit and techniques.

http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/thr ... 1057215760

July 4th, 2003, 10:05 am #2

Can anyone help with determining the original uses for this box? It is a B167 and appears from the western desert campaign all through Europe to Germany in 1945. I think it is British but have also seen it on US M4A3E2s.

What interests me is what it was used originally to contain. Many British boxes had a variety of contents (the long flat B183 was used for 4.2" mortar bombs and 3.7" AA shells and possibly even 17pdr rounds) using different liners but I have never seen one of these with legible markings.

On a Crusader (from Ground Power 80)

and on a S African Sherman in Italy
(from Tanks Illustrated 20)

Mike Powell
Mike Powell

July 4th, 2003, 11:09 am #3

40mm Bofors?

Ed Keene
Ed Keene

July 4th, 2003, 2:57 pm #4

My Dad had a very similar box when I was a kid. It was painted silver with some black stencilling I can't remember. He worked at the Naval Ammunition Depot in Hawthorne, Nevada and occasionally brought home interesting stuff. I would bet the box in the photo is U.S. origin. 40mm is a good guess.

Robert Lockie
Robert Lockie

July 5th, 2003, 11:19 am #5

40mm Bofors?
I have the designations and dims for Bofors ammo and they are all different to this. I can post a photo of a Bofors box if anyone is interested but I am pretty sure it isn't this one.

Thansk for the suggestion - further ones welcome!