Combat History of s.Pz.Abtl. 502 book ??

The Axis WWII discussion group is hosted by Tom Cockle and is dedicated to Axis armour of the Second World War.

Combat History of s.Pz.Abtl. 502 book ??

February 29th, 2012, 6:21 pm #1

Hey Guys ,

I just picked up the Dragon Pz.III N (6606) & I was looking around for a book on th 502 .... is there one ? I have TIgers in Combat I & there are a couple of pix of a Pz.III in Leningrad ... but was hoping there was a book devoted to th 502 ....

Thanx in Advance

ERIK

WHAT DO YOU CALL THE ASSASSINS THAT ACCUSE THE ASSASSIN???

February 29th, 2012, 7:02 pm #2

JJF has a few spin offs on specific Tiger Units. Nothing on 502. Try Schiffer.

Stephen J. Pringle

February 29th, 2012, 7:30 pm #3

Hey Guys ,

I just picked up the Dragon Pz.III N (6606) & I was looking around for a book on th 502 .... is there one ? I have TIgers in Combat I & there are a couple of pix of a Pz.III in Leningrad ... but was hoping there was a book devoted to th 502 ....

Thanx in Advance

ERIK

the old book tiger in the mud have some references
sdl

March 1st, 2012, 12:50 am #4

Hey Guys ,

Thanx in Advance

ERIK

Check yer email, dude.

March 1st, 2012, 5:15 am #5

Hey Guys ,

Th closest thing I've been able to find is a book by StackPole - Combat History of th 503rd. which IIRC is a sister Batt. & They were alos around Leningrad & had some Pz/ III N's .

But .. I'm still hopeful & still on th Hunt !

Joe .. Incoming !!

ERIK

Last edited by panzervor on March 1st, 2012, 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 1st, 2012, 12:00 pm #6

Check yer email, dude.
Joe

Having read the thread about the 502nd and was wondering if you had any info on the last action carried out around Halbe and the breakout battles as they tried to reach the Allies.

I would be very grateful for information regarding vehicle tac numbers and who crewed them

I am collecting info for a dio featuring either Steng/Ott 223 or the last Tiger Klust/Fink ??? which I believe was a duel fuel vehicle

I have a spead sheet with more holes than info at present of the 31 Tigers issued to this unit,so anything you can supply will be of use.

Thanking you in advance

Regards
Bill