Color film of Tiger 332 arriving in port in the USA

The Axis WWII discussion group is hosted by Tom Cockle and is dedicated to Axis armour of the Second World War.

Color film of Tiger 332 arriving in port in the USA

June 8th, 2017, 11:51 am #1

I found this on Facebook. But, it isn't a shareable Youtube video and it's posted in a private group so just linking to it won't work.

But, it is apparently an 8mm or 16mm color film of King Tiger 332 being unloaded in the USA so there should be no doubt as to the original colors of the tank. Sadly the quality of the film is poor but perhaps frames from it can be enhanded.

Has anyone else seen this? Obviously the film has been around since 1945-46 but has it been posted before?
DAVID NICKELS

June 8th, 2017, 1:54 pm #2

but I only tell you that because you asked. I did not volunteer it!

June 8th, 2017, 3:22 pm #3

What FB page is it on David? I may be a menber.
I'v never seen it before so it will be interesting.

Dave.
Last edited by dcoyne333 on June 8th, 2017, 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 8th, 2017, 4:38 pm #4

I found this on Facebook. But, it isn't a shareable Youtube video and it's posted in a private group so just linking to it won't work.

But, it is apparently an 8mm or 16mm color film of King Tiger 332 being unloaded in the USA so there should be no doubt as to the original colors of the tank. Sadly the quality of the film is poor but perhaps frames from it can be enhanded.

Has anyone else seen this? Obviously the film has been around since 1945-46 but has it been posted before?
...on Greg Walden's website about Tigers in the Ardennes.

quality is very poor due to age / transfer from film / VHS

Here are a couple of frames :

YJ
101xxxyann@wanadoo.fr (delete xxx)
Last edited by 101yann on June 8th, 2017, 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 9th, 2017, 3:12 am #5

I think I've seen stills before but not the footage, it would be nice if it was shared more, rather than on closed groups.
Tim James
aka TJ
Styrene Manipulator.
Lover of heavy metal armour and shiny fast muscle cars.
"Slow progress is better than no progress"

June 24th, 2017, 10:09 pm #6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34GezMHX77w

June 27th, 2017, 7:20 pm #7

...on Greg Walden's website about Tigers in the Ardennes.

quality is very poor due to age / transfer from film / VHS

Here are a couple of frames :

YJ
101xxxyann@wanadoo.fr (delete xxx)
There is other footage taken of 332 at APG before it was put on display, showing it driving, out at a range (not firing), and starting the engine with the hand crank. It's black and white film and even poorer quality than the color film. I'll try to get it posted to YouTube or the Tigers in the Ardennes page on FB.