Clear the deck!

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

Clear the deck!

April 15th, 2012, 10:18 pm #1

Hi!

Here you got this joint venture between Ricardo Rodriguez -good friend and, indeed, more than gifted modeller- and myself.

In short, the story is as follows.

More than a year ago I finished the little Moto-Tug for the War Wheels GB held here. But I have almost no idea about those flying machines and its natural environment so I asked to Ricardo for some help to make a small base to display it.

Ricardo did a wonderful scrachtbuild and paintwork on the fligth deck but as the Moto-Tug is a quite tiny model, we ran into trouble because resulted too large for my original purpose.

But then, once more, Ricardo came to rescue with the brillant idea of to add a wonderfully detailed and painted piece of crashed airplane as perfect partner for the vehicle.

With the wheels, wings and deck already finished, it was then on my side to add the remaining ingredient of this cocktail, that was, the human factor.

Some accesories from here and there gave the final touch and, here you got, ready to serve! :D

I have found this shared work quite funny and relaxing... but I am afraid that is something easy to say when you have coworkers like Ricardo, with such high modelling knowledge and skills.

My sincere thanks to him because, in no way, the result could have been like this without his kind help!

I hope you like it!

Regards!
Alvaro Rodriguez
Last edited by Alvaro Rodriguez on December 10th, 2016, 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 15th, 2012, 11:19 pm #2

Alvaro & Ricardo,

Congratulations to you two guys. You make a true killer team together. So tiny, so good...

Excelent work amigos.
Lu

April 16th, 2012, 3:21 am #3

Hi!

Here you got this joint venture between Ricardo Rodriguez -good friend and, indeed, more than gifted modeller- and myself.

More than a year ago I finished the little Moto-Tug for the War Wheels GB held here. But I have almost no idea about those flying machines and its natural environment so I asked to Ricardo for some help to make a small base to display it.

Ricardo did a wonderful scrachtbuild and paintwork on the fligth deck but as the Moto-Tug is a quite tiny model, we ran into trouble because resulted too large for my original purpose.

But then, once more, Ricardo came to rescue with the brillant idea of to add a wonderfully detailed and painted piece of crashed airplane as perfect partner for the vehicle.

With the wheels, wings and deck already finished, it was then on my side to add the remaining ingredient of this cocktail, that was, the human factor.

Some accesories from here and there gave the final touch and, here you got, ready to serve! :D

I have found this shared work quite funny and relaxing... but I am afraid that is something easy to say when you have coworkers like Ricardo, with such high modelling knowledge and skills.

My sincere thanks to him because, in no way, the result could have been like this without his kind help!

I hope you like it!

Regards!
Alvaro Rodriguez
The colours and textures are simply outstanding on this piece....well done guys simply one of the best models I've seen this year...not sure about the white walls on the moto tug...

Luke Pitt

April 16th, 2012, 8:22 am #4

Hi!

I hope you like it!

Regards!
Alvaro Rodriguez
Excellent!.

Muy Bueno Alvaro.My congratulations to you and Ricardo.

Regards.

[/IMG]

April 16th, 2012, 8:25 am #5

Hi!

I hope you like it!

Regards!
Alvaro Rodriguez
http://roman-bizarre.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/rvscale/
https://roman-the-modelmaker.blogspot.no/

April 16th, 2012, 1:15 pm #6

Hi!

I hope you like it!

Regards!
Alvaro Rodriguez
Hello,

You've done an outsanding work .
The paintjob is wonderful ...and you're duet work together perfectly !

cheers,
David

April 16th, 2012, 1:56 pm #7

Hi!

I hope you like it!

Regards!
Alvaro Rodriguez
a few in progress pics if you have them, and what figures did you start with I am really curious about them and especially the heads and where they came from or how you sculpted them?

April 16th, 2012, 10:00 pm #8

Hi!

I hope you like it!

Regards!
Alvaro Rodriguez
Pure awesomeness...love every detail!

Congrats!

Best,

Mike

http://www.facebook.com/RinaldiStudio

April 16th, 2012, 10:41 pm #9

Hi!

I hope you like it!

Regards!
Alvaro Rodriguez
Fantastic job, Álvaro! A real masterpiece.

Congratulations from Madrid.

CAESAR (S.P.Q.R.).

April 17th, 2012, 8:36 am #10

Hi!

I hope you like it!

Regards!
Alvaro Rodriguez
Hi!

On behalf Ricardo and myself, thank you very much for your kind words!

Quick replies...

@Luke, I took the white walls idea from a post 2WW pic... that Tug looked like so vintage as sport that I couldn´t resist to add it to mine!

@Steve, the figures are ICM ones (one Luftwaffe and one USAAF mechanics) with small changes; I replaced the heads (with another plastic ones) and I added the flight deck headgear with Tamiya epoxy puty mainly.

Once more, thank you all!

Regards!
Alvaro