Churchill MkIII Interior Kit - Something Else I've been Working On

The first topic for Missing-Lynx new Group Build Forum is British and Commonwealth Vehicles of WWII, hosted by Nick Cortese. This topic will run until February 2010, so you will have plenty of time to finish your Allied vehicles.

Churchill MkIII Interior Kit - Something Else I've been Working On

December 6th, 2009, 11:13 pm #1

Hi Guys

Alongside other stuff, I've been working on a kit for the interior of the AFV Club MkIII Churchill.

I have an ambition to model every Churchill that landed at Dieppe, so with so many open hatches, it made sense to build a master and get it cast to save me scratching 28 more interiors!

If all goes well with this one, I'll be doing additional parts to allow me to do the MkI, II, and when it comes out next year, the IV, (plus other bits for the V and VI)

Here's a selection of progress so far:

Any comments welcome

Chris

December 7th, 2009, 2:41 pm #2

Chris,
I think your infected and you need a booster shot. (___)

Jim Guld
Cheers
Jim Guld

Chris Meddings
Chris Meddings

December 7th, 2009, 2:54 pm #3

Don't worry Jim, I have other projects in the pipeline, including a Crusader MkI and a Sherman (British of course). Its not all Churchills at my house!

11a

December 7th, 2009, 4:40 pm #4

Hi Guys

Alongside other stuff, I've been working on a kit for the interior of the AFV Club MkIII Churchill.

I have an ambition to model every Churchill that landed at Dieppe, so with so many open hatches, it made sense to build a master and get it cast to save me scratching 28 more interiors!

If all goes well with this one, I'll be doing additional parts to allow me to do the MkI, II, and when it comes out next year, the IV, (plus other bits for the V and VI)

Any comments welcome

Chris
Hi Chris,

Nice work, interiors for the Churchill would be very welcome.

Al

December 7th, 2009, 9:31 pm #5

Hi Guys

Any comments welcome

Chris
Chris, once again the level of detail you are going to with these Churchills is fantastic. Out of curiosity how many Churchills would you have to do for Dieppe

Fred

December 7th, 2009, 10:53 pm #6

it would be 30 in all Fred, although I've already done RINGER of course. This will be a kind of 'background' project though that I can work on between other builds. I don't know what it is about Dieppe, but its great as a Churchill nut to have 30 to model in various interesting states. (All will be done post-battle)

At the moment this interior thing is purely for me, but if it works out well (i.e. I think it looks of a sufficient quality when cast and it builds well) then I may make it available commercially

Chris

December 7th, 2009, 11:25 pm #7

That makes my background project of the 1/35 Accurate armour LCT 4 and funnies seem small.

Fred

December 10th, 2009, 7:39 am #8

Hi Guys

Any comments welcome

Chris
Chris, my biggest compliments having the patience you do this jobs again. I'm curios about this next Churchill-thing

cheers Erik

December 10th, 2009, 12:51 pm #9

Thanks Erik. Believe it or not, I actually enjoy it!

I've decided I will be making this available commercially, sometime in January. I'll make an announcement in the approriate DG when its ready for launch.

Chris

December 22nd, 2009, 5:28 pm #10

Hi Guys

Any comments welcome

Chris
Hi Chris, Always enjoy seeing what you are up to !! This casting stuff is a great idea. I'm very impressed by your skills!!

Randy