Chinese Pz.Kpfw 1A; which Serie they received?

The Axis WWII discussion group is hosted by Tom Cockle and is dedicated to Axis armour of the Second World War.

Chinese Pz.Kpfw 1A; which Serie they received?

July 1st, 2012, 5:26 am #1

Since I got one set of two Kuomintang tankers from warrior I would like to finish one Pz 1A as a chinese one. But which one is correct? Since we have a lot choice now with Dragons and Tristars different offers I have no idea. Please help.

Best Regards

Thomas
Last edited by Tom_Wirsching on July 1st, 2012, 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 1st, 2012, 7:45 am #2

I know they got shipped PZ 1A, I do not know if they got any "B"s.

July 1st, 2012, 9:27 am #3

Since I got one set of two Kuomintang tankers from warrior I would like to finish one Pz 1A as a chinese one. But which one is correct? Since we have a lot choice now with Dragons and Tristars different offers I have no idea. Please help.

Best Regards

Thomas
Thomas

The gradual introduction of modifications during the different production runs makes this identification quite difficult. However, some identifying features of the Chinese export vehicles include (info from Panzertracts 1-1 by Jentz/Doyle):

· Narrow brake access hatch (600mm wide) - the wider hatch was introduced during the 3.Series production run
· Two (not four) fuel filler ports on the engine deck - four filler ports were introduced with the 4.Series.
· Absence of a vision port on the right rear quarter - this appeared only on the early 2.Series vehicles.
· Short horn body.
. Strengthening plates on the superstructure side armour.
. None of the Chinese Pzkpfw1A photos show wirecutters adjacent to the jack

I think that the Chinese vehicles may have been from the early 3.Series production run, but I cannot be certain. Panzertracts 1-2 has a section on the export order to China, but I don't have this volume.

Andy Lang
Last edited by ajnlang on July 1st, 2012, 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 2nd, 2012, 10:36 am #4

Best Regards

Thomas
Thank you very much for the useful infos! n/t