Centurion 165mm AVRE interiors continued.

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Centurion 165mm AVRE interiors continued.

September 5th, 2012, 10:00 am #1

Hi Everyone. The following is my update on the Centurion 165mm AVRE interiors. I am down to the final detailing of the turret basket. I have also started on the turret armour structure. The first two images show the turret basket roughly aligned to the turret attachment points. I won't join the two until the last possible moment.

My last post is located here.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/110741/m ... Experiment.

Happy modelling and thanks for looking.
Ian

September 5th, 2012, 11:35 am #2

Fantastic work. You're Mr. modeler!

September 5th, 2012, 6:13 pm #3

Hi Everyone. The following is my update on the Centurion 165mm AVRE interiors. I am down to the final detailing of the turret basket. I have also started on the turret armour structure. The first two images show the turret basket roughly aligned to the turret attachment points. I won't join the two until the last possible moment.

Ian
That's some tight work with the p-card Ian! I thought the last pic was a clever photoshop until I re-read your post: "interiors" plural. I bet the second one went together a lot quicker than the first?

GD

September 5th, 2012, 6:59 pm #4

Ian
Incredible scratchbuilding, Ian, truly inspiring..!

September 5th, 2012, 8:33 pm #5

Ian
Hi Ian
i know we are always talking , just noted you not done the co drivers hatches for the 165mm AVRE.
email i got some dims
ossie

September 6th, 2012, 3:58 am #6

Fantastic work. You're Mr. modeler!
Thanks for your kind words Marian. n/t

September 6th, 2012, 4:01 am #7

That's some tight work with the p-card Ian! I thought the last pic was a clever photoshop until I re-read your post: "interiors" plural. I bet the second one went together a lot quicker than the first?

GD
I decided early on in the piece that if I was going to scratch build components, I only wanted to do the measurements once. It is so much easier creating multiples when you have the first as a master. Problem is you end up with a number of projects on the table at once.

September 6th, 2012, 4:02 am #8

Incredible scratchbuilding, Ian, truly inspiring..!
Thank you for the comments, especially given the level of scratch building you have done.

September 6th, 2012, 4:15 am #9

Hi Ian
i know we are always talking , just noted you not done the co drivers hatches for the 165mm AVRE.
email i got some dims
ossie
I have been looking at this model for so long that I had stopped noticing that the hatch was not done. A hazard of building a few different marks of Centurion at the same time I guess?!?!

September 6th, 2012, 2:27 pm #10

Ian
Very nice scratchbuilding