Calling David (Mr. Tiger)...... Kit question/issue....

The Axis WWII discussion group is hosted by Tom Cockle and is dedicated to Axis armour of the Second World War.

Calling David (Mr. Tiger)...... Kit question/issue....

June 16th, 2017, 12:38 am #1

The 6608 Tunisian kit, for the Turret Bin, it says to use "V" 13 for the backside. It has the top center molded notch to clear the lifting lug just like the front piece. With both having this, the parts will not fit!! I'm guessing we have to cut off the section from the backside piece and fill in the gaps??

Why didn't they slide mold this bin like they did in the 131 kit?? That is a great looking bin, but for all they put into making the kit better and crisper, they stuck with a junkie turret bin!!

June 16th, 2017, 7:16 am #2

There is mention somewhere that you have to modify the old bin half to fit the new outer half. But I don't know why Dragon chose that approach.

June 22nd, 2017, 8:57 pm #3

The 6608 Tunisian kit, for the Turret Bin, it says to use "V" 13 for the backside. It has the top center molded notch to clear the lifting lug just like the front piece. With both having this, the parts will not fit!! I'm guessing we have to cut off the section from the backside piece and fill in the gaps??

Why didn't they slide mold this bin like they did in the 131 kit?? That is a great looking bin, but for all they put into making the kit better and crisper, they stuck with a junkie turret bin!!
There are many on the market, so, go for one! Help a hobbyist who's part in the hobby is to make good parts better.

NOTICE
I have no association with hobbyists who make bins and nothing else, there is therefor no financial association, just good advice.