CA glue

Hosted by Dave Parker from AFV Modeller magazine and Adam Wilder, this discussion group is geared towards modelling technique questions ranging from construction to final weathering. This forum was created so that "newbies" can post without being intimidated by the sometimes highly technical nature of the other discussion groups.

CA glue

August 6th, 2015, 2:37 pm #1

Hi
I have a problem and maybe someone here has a hint
I have several stains of CA glue on my Stg III fenders cause I have removed some PE stuff.
Is there a trick to remove this glue stains?
The problem is taht the glue is "in" the dots of the anti slip plates.
Is there perhaps a wonder medium which unfix CA glue?

Cheers Oliver

August 6th, 2015, 5:47 pm #2

Hi Oliver,

Try some "CA Debonder" and a small cotton-swab or cheap short-bristled brush. Should clean up your glue residue with little light scrubbing and wiping with a clean cloth. There are various manufacturers and it should be carried by most hobby shops.

Word of warning : Try a little on an unnoticable area of the plastic. Debonder can react stronly to some older kinds of plastic. I use it as a plastic welder for the horrible old Trumpeter kits.

Hope this helps,

Tim

August 6th, 2015, 9:13 pm #3

Hi
I have several stains of CA glue on my Stg III fenders cause I have removed some PE stuff.

Cheers Oliver
Hi
Cheaper, same stuff AFAIK.

Cheers
Andrew

January 23rd, 2016, 4:38 pm #4

Hi

Cheers Oliver
The active ingredient in any cyanoacrylate debonder is acetone. Nail polish remover comes in two types, and only one has acetone. Acetone is just about guaranteed to remove almost any kind of paint.