Buena Park kit geek show Sunday

Hosted by Al Bowie and Brett Green, the General AFV Modelling discussion group covers any general military modelling topic including industry news and announcements.

Buena Park kit geek show Sunday

July 14th, 2012, 5:16 pm #1

It's that time of year again; I'll be there with overpriced old junk. I'm the guy who's starting to look like Gandalf.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Buena-Par ... 9155538457
Last edited by Tom Hall on July 14th, 2012, 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 16th, 2012, 7:03 pm #2

The "Keller" show in Orange County seemed a victim of summer vacation: not a ton of customers, and by 11:30 it was pretty dead except for vendors visiting each other and the same half-dozen vultures circling & waiting for dirt cheap bargain prices, and there were plenty of great prices already, so why try to screw 'em down to a few bucks? (can you tell that I had a couple of a-wipes low-balling me in that irritatingly ingratiating way?)

I did have a comically tragic episode with a plastic tub that worked its way open on the way down, so the instructions for a Academy M7 Priest and maybe a couple of parts are somewhere on the I-5 southbound.

The same faces mostly (and no Jeff Garrity!?) many cleaning out their workshops(?), and I got wondering how guys are going to be absent at the next show, but someone else will be selling off their dusty collection on behalf of their widows (or the guy that owns their storage locker).

On the good side, I picked a couple of hard to find Rising Decal sheets from the guy next to me (thanks Scott!)

So, who else went from the Southern California area, which with millions of warm bodies, you'd think there'd be more modelers?

July 19th, 2012, 4:35 am #3

I got there about 10:30 and left about noon. There was only one kit I was looking for and I made an offer. The offer was accepted and I am now the owner of the Hobby Boss HETS kit. The vendor was happy and I was happy. I did save a LOT of money but the aftermarket stuff could be more than the kit. I also bought that track assembly jig that Brian "Saws" was selling. I thought the show was a little busier than the previous ones.

We had 6-7 guys from our club there and we signed up a couple of new members. I think we have 91 members now.

Give me a call when you get a chance

Out here.

Mike Witous

S.F.

Visit us at: http://www.meetup.com/TemValModClub/
Temecula Valley Model Club
"Haud Sceptrum, Haud Sentio, Haud Forsit