BTR-50pu [Trumpeter kit conversion]

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

BTR-50pu [Trumpeter kit conversion]

December 29th, 2011, 1:59 pm #1

Hi Guy`s

Well its been a while since i posted anything here, here are a few pics of whats on the bench. Not happy with the kit ootb :} i decided to convert to the command and signals variant, as you can see quite a lot of cutting and chopping was needed. Lots more detail bits to work on yet, but the bulk of parts have been constructed. Masterclub PT-76 wheels have been added along with a set of metal tracks from Friul. I also robbed a few parts from Broncos YW-701 KIT, The unfortunate thing is i needed another Trumpeter BTR-50 kit to use the other front tower. Knowing my luck this variant will be on Trumpeters list of to do`s?..

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks for looking
Regards
Andy

December 29th, 2011, 2:45 pm #2

Hello Andy,

Good to see your work here again, something Soviet but without a gun. As always it all looks very good already and I will keep an eye on the next updates.
Have you made up your mind about the paintjob already, War Pact green or something more colourful like, let's say, an Egyptian vehicle?

Theo

December 29th, 2011, 3:14 pm #3

Hi Guy`s

Well its been a while since i posted anything here, here are a few pics of whats on the bench. Not happy with the kit ootb :} i decided to convert to the command and signals variant, as you can see quite a lot of cutting and chopping was needed. Lots more detail bits to work on yet, but the bulk of parts have been constructed. Masterclub PT-76 wheels have been added along with a set of metal tracks from Friul. I also robbed a few parts from Broncos YW-701 KIT, The unfortunate thing is i needed another Trumpeter BTR-50 kit to use the other front tower. Knowing my luck this variant will be on Trumpeters list of to do`s?..

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks for looking
Regards
Andy

I definitely wanna see this finished!

December 29th, 2011, 4:14 pm #4

Hi Guy`s

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks for looking
Regards
Andy

Excellent job on this conversion but why didn't you cast the second tower from the Trumpeter kit instead of chopping a new one ?
I see you modified the angle of the bow and it doesn't look that simple ! Have you fixed the hull height as well ?

Olivier
http://olivier.carneau.free.fr/index.htm
http://olivier.carneau.free.fr/gb_version/index.htm
Olivier
http://olivier.carneau.free.fr/gb_version/index.htm

December 30th, 2011, 12:40 am #5

Hi Guy`s

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks for looking
Regards
Andy

fantastic job on the vehicle. im doing a finnish version...so its nice to see someone tackling this track!

December 31st, 2011, 12:23 am #6

Hi Guy`s

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks for looking
Regards
Andy

Hi Andy

Nice build mate (still hate your considerable talent with a passion though!!)All the best to you and Alison see you in 2012. Have a good un.

December 31st, 2011, 2:56 am #7

Hi Guy`s

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks for looking
Regards
Andy

A shame to waste such T-55 knowledge and talent on.....

Nevermind.

Wow Andy! You do some incredibly neat work.

Steve

December 31st, 2011, 3:22 am #8

Hi Guy`s

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks for looking
Regards
Andy

Howdy Andy, that was quick! Super job with the modifications. Did you bother with the compensating idler arm or just leave it as cast on the hull?
Outta here, Mike sends . . .

January 2nd, 2012, 2:25 pm #9

Hi Guy`s

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks for looking
Regards
Andy

Good job Andy!

What is the prototype?

...Hope nose armor degrees is OK for last hull version? In "Tehnika i voorujenie"(Techncs & Armor)magazine were drawings of all PT-76 versions....w/o BTR-50.

All the best!

P.S. By the way, Andy, how about T-54 spider wheels buying?