Brummbar WIP

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

Brummbar WIP

May 5th, 2012, 11:55 pm #1

I am getting towards the end of this one. I am not happy with streaks on the superstructure side, although it looks a little more subtle in the flesh than in the pic. I also have some finishing to do on the figure and the base. Being the worlds slowest modeller I might have it finished by Christmas.

May 6th, 2012, 4:16 pm #2

Neat conversion! Keepon weathering

Konrad

May 6th, 2012, 10:05 pm #3

I am getting towards the end of this one. I am not happy with streaks on the superstructure side, although it looks a little more subtle in the flesh than in the pic. I also have some finishing to do on the figure and the base. Being the worlds slowest modeller I might have it finished by Christmas.

The conversion and figure are from Gasoline.

May 7th, 2012, 10:13 am #4

Stuart,

Even the slowest modeller in the world can finish a model one fine day.

The Bumbar is a cool conversion rare to see actually. As for the side streaking you can complete the effect by combining light and dark streaking on the sides. that usually produces a more consistent finish I think.

Keep us posted.
Lu

May 7th, 2012, 10:32 am #5

Rare vehicle in this sclae but nicely finish! Look at Lu´´ s advices for the weathering!

May 9th, 2012, 7:19 am #6

I'll keep chipping away at this one around my work and study commitments. Hopefully I will actually finish it well before Christmas. The Gasoline conversion was a pleasure to use and represents the most resin in a single model for me.

Thanks again

Stu