Bronco SU152 (KV14) 95/% done

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Bronco SU152 (KV14) 95/% done

February 28th, 2017, 4:25 pm #1

Hi everyone, this is my attempt at the Bronco SU152. It is built OOB. This will accompany my recent Ferdinand onto small diorama / vignette. I have yet got to source a crew for it and to finalise the exhaust weathering, more fuel stains, drivers vision block needs a shiny black look, the oil drum ties and final weathering on the lower tracks when placed onto the groundwork, but other than that it is done.

The instructions show one version without unit markings and I thought that would do for me. There is a variation in the paint tone and it has some subtle weathering but I am not sure if that it enough and wondered if anyone else would / could suggest anything further for me to do to enhance the look a bit more, I was considering giving the top of the turret some earth coloured paint over a hairspray layer and then scrubbing away to produce a worn muddy / dusty look as I have tried to do on the front fenders ??? Any comments welcome.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/903 ... CN2300.JPG

February 28th, 2017, 6:09 pm #2

I like it just the way it is...nice job......

February 28th, 2017, 6:35 pm #3

Hi everyone, this is my attempt at the Bronco SU152. It is built OOB. This will accompany my recent Ferdinand onto small diorama / vignette. I have yet got to source a crew for it and to finalise the exhaust weathering, more fuel stains, drivers vision block needs a shiny black look, the oil drum ties and final weathering on the lower tracks when placed onto the groundwork, but other than that it is done.

The instructions show one version without unit markings and I thought that would do for me. There is a variation in the paint tone and it has some subtle weathering but I am not sure if that it enough and wondered if anyone else would / could suggest anything further for me to do to enhance the look a bit more, I was considering giving the top of the turret some earth coloured paint over a hairspray layer and then scrubbing away to produce a worn muddy / dusty look as I have tried to do on the front fenders ??? Any comments welcome.

Impressive. Did the rear, upper hull not mate with the rear, lower hull well?

February 28th, 2017, 6:48 pm #4

Excellent Job Steve!!!!!

February 28th, 2017, 7:44 pm #5

Looks great, Steve...you really caught that "big hunk of metal" look...I really like the chipping on the drive sprocket - looks authentic. Great job!

February 28th, 2017, 7:58 pm #6

The interface between the curved rear of the deck and the hull rear plate is a mesh grille through which the air exhausts. It's not visible in the photos as it is reverse angled and fitted above the curved air deflector plate but the rear end looks fine to me.

February 28th, 2017, 9:45 pm #7

Hi
Love it. Ace dirt and stuff. Yes, add a bit more filth on top. I believe the fuel drum central bands were in a dark/ rubber colour, and it needs tying down too.

Possibly a little white Cyrillic number or something on the side if not a div sign?

Great colour and shading all round.

Cheers
Andrew

February 28th, 2017, 10:12 pm #8

The interface between the curved rear of the deck and the hull rear plate is a mesh grille through which the air exhausts. It's not visible in the photos as it is reverse angled and fitted above the curved air deflector plate but the rear end looks fine to me.
I think Matt is referring to the gap between the curved rear hull armor and the side of the hull. Those pieces are welded as far as I know so there shouldn't be a gap there. Perhaps a little filling or some judicious application of mud is needed? Otherwise I think it is a pretty nice job.
Regards,Bob

February 28th, 2017, 10:38 pm #9

I like it just the way it is...nice job......
Hi Tony, thanks for your comment, I appreciate it.

February 28th, 2017, 10:40 pm #10

Hi Matt, it really is annoying when Macro picks up something you miss which appears so obvious. I cant recall if I had problems with that piece. It will be rectified !! Thanks for pointing it out.