Bronco Humber kit

The first topic for Missing-Lynx new Group Build Forum is British and Commonwealth Vehicles of WWII, hosted by Nick Cortese. This topic will run until February 2010, so you will have plenty of time to finish your Allied vehicles.

Bronco Humber kit

January 9th, 2012, 7:49 pm #1

I recently ordered the Bronco Humber Mk IV NON-transparent version but received the transparent version anyway. All the non-transparent parts are included except the turret shell parts.

Does anyone know if the transparent turret will look right if painted? Should I use some Mr. Surfacer 500 on it first?

Sending it back is an option but they will only give me credit not what I ordered.

Thanks

January 13th, 2012, 8:58 pm #2

Hey Tom.

A couple suggestions. First, this site requires full names - just a friendly reminder before the forum police swoop in...

I think this forum is pretty much inactive - you might want to re-post in the Allied forum - much more activity/looks there.

I really don't know if what you suggest is easy/hard, as I'm not that up on my Humber variants. Accurate Armour and Sovereign? make earlier Marks in resin....

HTH,

Mike

January 13th, 2012, 9:03 pm #3

I recently ordered the Bronco Humber Mk IV NON-transparent version but received the transparent version anyway. All the non-transparent parts are included except the turret shell parts.

Does anyone know if the transparent turret will look right if painted? Should I use some Mr. Surfacer 500 on it first?

Sending it back is an option but they will only give me credit not what I ordered.

Thanks
Hey Tom.

A couple suggestions. First, this site requires full names - just a friendly reminder before the forum police swoop in...

I think this forum is pretty much inactive - you might want to re-post in the Allied forum - much more activity/looks there.

I have the kit, but really haven't looked closely; if you don't care about the clear feature, I would think a quick shot of primer (Tamiya, Mr. Surfacer 1000 or Vallejo) would roughen up the clear a bit before putting on the base coat of paint.

HTH,

Mike