British Mark IV Tank, WWI

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

British Mark IV Tank, WWI

July 4th, 2012, 10:10 pm #1

Hi folks

I finished this project earlier this year. It is the Emhar 1/35 kit, with Accurate Armour tracks and various scratched details. As you may know the kit has a few errors, and not all were corrected here. For example the sponsoons are the wrong shape in plan, but to correct this required more effort than my mojo could spare. Anyway I hope you like it, comments welcome.

Cheers
JT

Last edited by JohnT4 on July 4th, 2012, 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 4th, 2012, 10:25 pm #2

That is an amazing Finish. I never cease to be amazed at the quality of inishes being delivered these days. You can be pretty proud of that one.
Al

July 4th, 2012, 11:25 pm #3

Hi folks

I finished this project earlier this year. It is the Emhar 1/35 kit, with Accurate Armour tracks and various scratched details. As you may know the kit has a few errors, and not all were corrected here. For example the sponsoons are the wrong shape in plan, but to correct this required more effort than my mojo could spare. Anyway I hope you like it, comments welcome.

Cheers
JT

As Al says -"Stunning" amazing the depth and tone you bring to what is essentially a monochrome vehicle

Pat McGrath
Work to become not to acquire

July 5th, 2012, 2:43 am #4

Hi folks

Cheers
JT

....Well done John, that would have to rate as one of the best examples of the Emhar kit I've seen to date, the extra work you've done to detail what is a fairly basic kit is fantastic, and the paint finish... what can I say ? it's just superb, can you give us a brief run-down on the painting process please... I'm sure there's plenty of people out there with this kit that would love to know what and how you did it.
Regards.
David Scorer

July 5th, 2012, 3:17 am #5

Hi folks

Cheers
JT

The finishes on your models are iconic yet incredibly realistic! I would love to see how its done.

July 5th, 2012, 4:37 am #6

Hi folks

Cheers
JT

Your paintjob is absolutely stunning!
One of the best models I have seen up to know!

Regards
Gert

July 5th, 2012, 4:55 am #7

Hi folks

Cheers
JT

Superb piece of work!

July 5th, 2012, 5:52 am #8

Hi folks

Cheers
JT

Hello John,

Your MKIV is a great inspiration for my own MKIV i am working on right now.Thanks for posting this photo's on ML.

Cheers,

Roger
Last edited by rogerhm on July 5th, 2012, 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 5th, 2012, 6:35 am #9

Hi folks

Cheers
JT

Now thats beautiful. Love the weathering.

All the best
Steve

July 5th, 2012, 7:41 am #10

Hi folks

Cheers
JT

Another beauty, John! Those Accurate Armour tracks look the biz! (as does your finishing job)

Cheers, Tracy