BRAILLE SCALE GROUP BUILD 2017.2 - Camouflage - Week 3 of 10

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

BRAILLE SCALE GROUP BUILD 2017.2 - Camouflage - Week 3 of 10

May 17th, 2017, 9:38 am #1

Welcome to the second Group Build of 2017, this one lasts for 10 weeks and has for its subject 'Camouflage'.

The criteria for the Group Build are simply the camouflage on vehicles from any era, any country, any conflict, any type of vehicle. Whilst this is primarily a painting exercise, it can include added foiliage and other ways of disguising a vehicle. Also plain finishes are considered camouflage for the purposes of the Group Build and painting logs of how you approach single colour camouflage would be interesting and appreciated by the members. So that is all you need to know about what is required, I am sure that we can look forward to some exciting examples of the 'art of camouflage' over the coming weeks.

So, can we have any updates genlemen please...
“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
― Douglas MacArthur

May 17th, 2017, 1:16 pm #2

May 17th, 2017, 6:33 pm #3

hi radek,
lovely chipping and super end result so far.

May 17th, 2017, 6:38 pm #4

Welcome to the second Group Build of 2017, this one lasts for 10 weeks and has for its subject 'Camouflage'.

The criteria for the Group Build are simply the camouflage on vehicles from any era, any country, any conflict, any type of vehicle. Whilst this is primarily a painting exercise, it can include added foiliage and other ways of disguising a vehicle. Also plain finishes are considered camouflage for the purposes of the Group Build and painting logs of how you approach single colour camouflage would be interesting and appreciated by the members. So that is all you need to know about what is required, I am sure that we can look forward to some exciting examples of the 'art of camouflage' over the coming weeks.

So, can we have any updates genlemen please...
hello all,
hereby the e100 with rocketlauncher i posted during the last weekly update.
i hope everyone can see the pictures, otherwise i might have to change to an other hosting company.

this is after the first 2 general washes and dirt washes. i could resist so i stuck on some victory marks aswell

i also decided to make a filling ring for the hole the turret left when it was removed. this is my interpretation of rusting metal. i still have not decided if i will do another round of chipping with a different colour.
Last edited by jwbakker on May 17th, 2017, 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 17th, 2017, 7:59 pm #5

Beautifully done Radek, a joy to behold.
Your subtle weathering is just perfect, well done! Looking forward to the next chapter.

All the best
Stefan
Stefan Zadziuk
IPMS 72
MAFVA 386

May 17th, 2017, 8:04 pm #6

Great job Radek!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the tones and the weathering, which isn't overdone like so many but appears to be just right. The decals appear a bit too clean but it might be just the photo. Keep up the great work.

May 17th, 2017, 8:58 pm #7

speechless.. (eom)

May 17th, 2017, 11:43 pm #8

Hello Radek,

This is just the ticket for those wanting to do a single colour scheme, exceptional work on display here and all the stages clearly displayed with the relevant products. I am going to have to get some of these as they certainly produce excellent results. Thank you for such a clear concise description of your methods, they will be saved and refered to when painting a single colour camouflage.

All the best,

Paul
“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
― Douglas MacArthur

May 17th, 2017, 11:57 pm #9

look forward to seeing how the tracks are done
the scratches & chipping is fab.
& beautifully photographed.
Cheers Elliott

May 18th, 2017, 6:36 am #10

Stunning paint work