Braille Scale Group Build - 2012 'Medical Services' - Week 21

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

Braille Scale Group Build - 2012 'Medical Services' - Week 21

July 19th, 2012, 12:31 am #1

Hi Everyone,

Firstly, sorry for the late posting of the update, pressures of life and domestic emergencies, hope you will understand.

Well only two weeks left, I have decided that the way the gallery will be done is if you all send me at least 3 pictures of your finished builds, along with a brief description of what the model is and any unit details etc., send them as .jpg files and don't worry about the size, I will resize them. When I have collected all your submissions I will upload them to my Photobucket account and then post a final gallery on here. My Email address is - spacewolfdad@hotmail.co.uk - I look forward to seeing all your lovely builds.

Hopefully we will have a good response for the last few weeks, it has been a bit quiet of late. So please make the last weeks a real blast, I look forward to seeing what you have all been doing.

All the best,

Paul
“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
― Douglas MacArthur

July 19th, 2012, 12:43 am #2

Hi Folks,

I have managed to finally finish the build on the Phanomen, it has been a bit epic to say the least. I have been scratch-building the final details, indicators, rear view mirror, spotlight, rear step. I tried to make the rear step several ways, but in the end used scrap photo-etch to make the support and plasticard for the step...

I also scratch-built the Jerrycan holder, also out of scrap photo-etch...

The indicators were made out of plasticard and scrap photo-etch with fine lead wire for the leads, I have blanked the windows off and it is ready for priming and painting. I just have to sort out two width indicators and stick them on and 'job's a good 'un'. I will be painting it Panzer Grey at first then using either the 'hairspray technique' or 'salt technique', I will spray it Desert Sand and weather it for the Western Desert. That will be during the next few days and, hopefully, it will be finished by the end. Here are some photos of the vehicle as it is now....

That's it for now, all the best,

Paul
“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
― Douglas MacArthur

July 19th, 2012, 7:59 am #3

Hi Everyone,

Firstly, sorry for the late posting of the update, pressures of life and domestic emergencies, hope you will understand.

Well only two weeks left, I have decided that the way the gallery will be done is if you all send me at least 3 pictures of your finished builds, along with a brief description of what the model is and any unit details etc., send them as .jpg files and don't worry about the size, I will resize them. When I have collected all your submissions I will upload them to my Photobucket account and then post a final gallery on here. My Email address is - spacewolfdad@hotmail.co.uk - I look forward to seeing all your lovely builds.

Hopefully we will have a good response for the last few weeks, it has been a bit quiet of late. So please make the last weeks a real blast, I look forward to seeing what you have all been doing.

All the best,

Paul
Hi everybody,

I'm glad to tell you, that I've made some little progress at last! I made additional walls for the transport compartment, the parts for the lower racks, the upper racks, and the rear doors, everything scratchbuilt using sheet styrene.

Next steps will be adding some structures to the lower racks, adding some valves inside the transport compartment, scratch building the door connecting the driver's compartment with the transport compartment, let's see how far I'll get before going on summer vacation.

Best regards to all
Marc

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
"Let the wind carry you home
Blackbird fly away
May you never be broken again"
(Alter Bridge - Song "Blackbird" - Album "Blackbird" 2007)

July 19th, 2012, 9:14 am #4

Hi Folks,

I have managed to finally finish the build on the Phanomen, it has been a bit epic to say the least. I have been scratch-building the final details, indicators, rear view mirror, spotlight, rear step. I tried to make the rear step several ways, but in the end used scrap photo-etch to make the support and plasticard for the step...

The indicators were made out of plasticard and scrap photo-etch with fine lead wire for the leads, I have blanked the windows off and it is ready for priming and painting. I just have to sort out two width indicators and stick them on and 'job's a good 'un'. I will be painting it Panzer Grey at first then using either the 'hairspray technique' or 'salt technique', I will spray it Desert Sand and weather it for the Western Desert. That will be during the next few days and, hopefully, it will be finished by the end. Here are some photos of the vehicle as it is now....

Paul
Hello Paul

Nice work on the fine details, I imagine they were "hard won" at times, but by the look, well worth the effort. Should come up a treat when its been through the paintshop.

I'll take some fresh pics of my builds on the weekend, (with a bit of luck there might be some sunlight to make the pics better), and email them to you

cheers
Neil
Neil Lyall

July 19th, 2012, 9:18 am #5

Hi everybody,

I'm glad to tell you, that I've made some little progress at last! I made additional walls for the transport compartment, the parts for the lower racks, the upper racks, and the rear doors, everything scratchbuilt using sheet styrene.

Next steps will be adding some structures to the lower racks, adding some valves inside the transport compartment, scratch building the door connecting the driver's compartment with the transport compartment, let's see how far I'll get before going on summer vacation.

Best regards to all
Marc

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Hello Marc

looks like good progress on the build, from your text of what is still to do, looks like you are "going the whole hog" with the interior detail, great to see.

cheers
Neil
Neil Lyall

July 19th, 2012, 1:31 pm #6

Hello Neil,

yes, I'll try to do as much as possible, at least what is possible with my skills, which - in fact - are not very high. Maybe with this experience I can do a step forward in my skills level.

Best regards
Marc
Blackbird fly away

July 19th, 2012, 2:22 pm #7

Hi Everyone,

All the best,

Paul
The last few details have been finished!

July 19th, 2012, 4:51 pm #8

Hi Ian,

Very nice dio!

Thanks for sharing
Tomas
Last edited by TomasJakl on July 19th, 2012, 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 20th, 2012, 7:21 pm #9

Hi Folks,

Paul
Hello Paul,

very good work, it will turn out into a great model. Can't wait to see it painted!

Best regards
Marc
Blackbird fly away

July 20th, 2012, 7:33 pm #10

The last few details have been finished!

Hello Ian,

this is beautiful! Your effort was well worth it! Very nice model, I especially like the subtle weathering. Congrats!

Best regards
Marc
Blackbird fly away