Braille Scale Group Build - 2012 'Medical Services' -Gallery

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

Braille Scale Group Build - 2012 'Medical Services' -Gallery

August 14th, 2012, 5:18 pm #1

This is the gallery of the participants who took part in the Group Build and have submitted pictures of their work. I hope you enjoy the fine work on display here and give those taking part praise for their efforts. It was fun to run and fun to take part, I hope all those who did finish and contribute enjoyed the experience and now have some interesting models in their collections. Here are the finished models, in no particular order....

1) Alfred Van Netburg: Steyr 640

Mack WWI ambulance

2) Elliott Winthrop: New Zealand Bren Carrier Ambulance, IMG model

A selection of Elliott's Ambulances

Paul Giles: Phanomen Granit Ambulance, Western Desert, Attack kit

Polski Fiat Ambulance, Polish Army 1939, IMG model

Ian Etches: Airfix 1/76 Land Rover 101 Forward Control Ambulance

Ian Parker: Ford Model T Ambulance, French Service WWI

Marc Fleissner: TPz 1 Fuchs A4 Ambulance version, Revell Kit

M997 Maxi Ambulance (still in progress)

Neil Lyall: Horch Ambulance and trailer, Horch body by Dragon, with scratchbuilt body, trailer scratchbuilt with Opel Blitz front wheels and mudguards from Airfix 88mm

LeichterShutzenpanzerwagen (2Ausf) auf UNIC P-107 U-304(f), Ace model, champagne foil for flags and Preiser figures

Peter Bergström: Opel Blitz 4x4 Ambulance, Airfix 1/76 truck parts, Esci Ambulance, rear steps from Ilian Filipov, grille from MAC and wheels from Roden

Ford G8T Soviet Red Cross Truck, PST kit modified parts and detailing, cargo bed from Academy, windscreen frame from Ilian Filipov, figures modified Preiser

Well that is it, I hope you enjoyed our work and maybe you will be inspired to take part in Braille Scale Group Build - 2012.2 'Anti-tank'.

All the best,

Paul

Last edited by PAUL GILES on August 15th, 2012, 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
― Douglas MacArthur

August 14th, 2012, 8:39 pm #2

Lovely builds, one and all. n/t
al magnus
On the Way contributor, editor & one who has no lack of success (see definition of success below).

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

August 14th, 2012, 9:30 pm #3

This is the gallery of the participants who took part in the Group Build and have submitted pictures of their work. I hope you enjoy the fine work on display here and give those taking part praise for their efforts. It was fun to run and fun to take part, I hope all those who did finish and contribute enjoyed the experience and now have some interesting models in their collections. Here are the finished models, in no particular order....

Mack WWI ambulance

Neil Lyall: Horch Ambulance and trailer, Horch body by Dragon, with scratchbuilt body, trailer scratchbuilt with Opel Blitz front wheels and mudguards from Airfix 88mm

LeichterShutzenpanzerwagen (2Ausf) auf UNIC P-107 U-304(f), Ace model, champagne foil for flags and Preiser figures

Peter Bergström: Opel Blitz 4x4 Ambulance, Airfix 1/76 truck parts, Esci Ambulance, rear steps from Ilian Filipov, grille from MAC and wheels from Roden

Ford G8T Soviet Red Cross Truck, PST kit modified parts and detailing, cargo bed from Academy, windscreen frame from Ilian Filipov, figures modified Preiser

Well that is it, I hope you enjoyed our work and maybe you will be inspired to take part in Braille Scale Group Build - 2012.2 'Anti-tank'.

All the best,

Paul

interesting to see so many different kind of vehicles with the same theme. Good to see so many finished! Thanks all for participating.

gr Bas

www.twenot.nl

August 14th, 2012, 10:38 pm #4

Mack WWI ambulance

All the best,

Paul

Hello Paul

great looking collection in that Gallery !

all credit to you Paul, for coming up with the idea, getting it underway, and keeping it on track each week

cheers
Neil

Neil Lyall

August 15th, 2012, 12:36 am #5

Lovely builds, one and all. n/t
Hi Al,

Thank you, perhaps we can persuade you to take part in the next one, you could do a nice Anti-tank gun (or two!)as you seem to be well into your artillery pieces at the moment.

All the best,

Paul
“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
― Douglas MacArthur

August 15th, 2012, 12:38 am #6

interesting to see so many different kind of vehicles with the same theme. Good to see so many finished! Thanks all for participating.

gr Bas

Hi Bas,

I agree that we had a nice mix of vehicles and from different periods as well. Can we persuade you to take part in the next one?

All the best,

Paul
― Douglas MacArthur

August 15th, 2012, 12:41 am #7

Hello Paul

great looking collection in that Gallery !

all credit to you Paul, for coming up with the idea, getting it underway, and keeping it on track each week

cheers
Neil

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the kind comment, but it was a pleasure to see all those builds taking shape and each week brought new treats for us to enjoy. I hope you are up for the next one, I think it will be bigger and better than the last one. Many thanks for being there throughout the whole 22 weeks, no mean feat.

All the best,

Paul
― Douglas MacArthur

August 15th, 2012, 1:21 am #8

Hello Paul

it was good fun to be a part of the Group Build. And motivational to get things done within a time frame.

I have slim pickings in my stash that fit the pure 'anti tank' theme, but I'll probably join the build, when it kicks off.

I guess most tanks have 'armour piercing' rounds so are technically anti tank (e.g a T-34 or Panzer IV), but these also carry other types of rounds (H.E, smoke etc) to attack non armoured targets, & to support other friendly elements in various ways, that makes them more of a "dual role" or "all purpose" tank, whereas the theme here is for subjects that were designed and built purely for anti-tank purposes (e.g. the Marder series) ?

Not trying to pose any tricky questions, just asking the kind of question that is sure to be forming in many participants minds, to see what parameters you want to set for the build

kind regards
Neil

Neil Lyall

August 15th, 2012, 12:35 pm #9

Hi Neil,

When I inaugurate the next Group Build there will be a detailed (at least I hope it will detail everything) description of what is regarded as 'Anti-tank'. I did mention in the initial idea thread that the subject should be designed or intended as solely an anti-tank weapon. I know this is really open to debate as there were many anti-tank weapons used as support weapons (having read a book recently on the American Tank Destroyer force, they seemed to spend a lot of time doing fire missions). However, I think actual 'gun' tanks are out as they are designed, as you mention, for multiple roles. I hope people will apply a lot of common sense and not descend into silly arguments as to what is or isn't a 'pure' anti-tank weapon. I think a good rule of thumb is to look at the designation first, the clue will be in the name/designation; then the operational use, that will show what it was mainly used for and finally what the prototype specification was, a good indication of what the weapon system was conceived as. If someone wants to do something 'outside the box' then that is up to them, I don't see any point in causing friction by 'banning' a build, but no doubt peoples comments will show if the build is in the spirit of the criteria. It is all about having fun, building a model that is a bit different to your usual fare and encouraging each other in a spirit of camaraderie, well that's how I see it, I hope that is what everyone else will feel too.

Thanks for your support and I am sure you will find a little something to entertain us with.

All the best,

Paul
― Douglas MacArthur

August 15th, 2012, 12:57 pm #10

Mack WWI ambulance

All the best,

Paul

And all who participated and gave welcome comments each week.
You gave us a great gallery and all works are stunning.
It is so nice to see that even a very narrow described subject gave rise to so many totally different vehicles!!

Now the AT build should be good for a waterfall of vehicles and a welcome excuse for me to finish all my Marder series.
But first, and already in progress : the Somua MCG Pakwagen....

Regards, Alfred